Which e-mail is best for iphone?

emjay1986

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
For the free push I chose yahoo ove gmail. However, I went on ahead and got a MobileMe account. For free email, go with yahoo. If you don't mind paying, get a MobileMe account. I think yahoo is great with spam too.

Coffeeman

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I use Google for push Calendar, & push contacts, Mobile Me for e-mail. As soon as Google has push for Gmail, I'll ditch Mobile Me, which is not the most reliable. There is a third party push solution for Gmail, for $25/yr. It is called NuevaSync

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Fastmail.fm for years now. Great IMAP, handles spam well, and even for the top tier account so that I can use it with my own domain, it's relatively inexpensive.

Did you set your fastmail.fm account up on your iPhone? Our business uses fastmail and I haven't a clue as to how to get it on our iPhones.

vanishingvision7

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
I use me.com, yahoo, and gmail.

I find that me is the best one to use.
Gmail is good and even without push it's okay.
Yahoo is actually the most unreliable for me, push works great when it wants to but there are days where I get like 15 emails all at once.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I use Google for push Calendar, & push contacts, Mobile Me for e-mail. As soon as Google has push for Gmail, I'll ditch Mobile Me, which is not the most reliable. There is a third party push solution for Gmail, for $25/yr. It is called NuevaSync

hmmm. NeuvaSync seems like a sweet option for me as a PC owner. free version pushes contacts & calendar through Google. but if you want their push email, you have to get the Premium version for $25 a year

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I think Yahoo is the best, on the PC and on the iPhone. I've got like 3 Yahoo accounts now and it pushes so quickly, I actually see my mail on the iPhone before I see it on my computer!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Did you set your fastmail.fm account up on your iPhone? Our business uses fastmail and I haven't a clue as to how to get it on our iPhones.

Yupper. Been using fastmail.fm on my iPhone from day one. Tr?s easy to set up, too!

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Which is a good client on the iPhone that pulls together all e-mails from all accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Exchange Activesync) into one application?

Like Chatteremail does for the Palm devices...

I see Fastmail mentioned here. Any others?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yupper. Been using fastmail.fm on my iPhone from day one. Tr?s easy to set up, too!

Can you pm me instructions? I am confused as to where the password and stuff goes. The way fastmail.fm is set up is strange to me. I would appreciate it!:)

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Bump.

Which is the best e-mail client for the iPhone (especially one that supports IMAP IDLE)?

(I will miss ChatterEmail :-( when I switch to the iPhone....

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Gmail and it works great. I configured my iPhone to 'fetch' new data every 30 minutes and that seems to work well for me.:)

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
But that's not a client like Thunderbird is on Windows or Chatter is on Palm OS .. an application that can pull in emails from various accounts (my ISP, gmail, Yahoo, AOL etc) all in one application.

Is there such an application for the iphone especially that supports IMAP IDLE, multiple accounts, etc?

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I just got mobileme for the iphone and I love everything it offers. The push email is top notch. I'm switching from AOL to the @me.com address and I've set my custom domain business email to forward to my me.com address so I get push personal and business email all into one inbox and I can drop my business email into a personal email folder pushed from me.com

I love the idisk feature I can now save all my excel and word documents from work and access them using quickoffice suite and edit and email attachments of any kind. hopefully apple will eventually allow the direct saving of email attachments off the iphone before next years iphone.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Any way you look at it, there are no email clients available for the iPhone. You have what's on there and you work with it. You have a variety of email servers from which to choose...most of which won't push to the iPhone even if they'll push everywhere else.

My major objection to mome is that even though you could forward custom domains to it...you can't reply from those domains with an alias, and who wants to change email addies at this stage.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
My major objection to mome is that even though you could forward custom domains to it...you can't reply from those domains with an alias, and who wants to change email addies at this stage.

Even though I LOOOOOVE MoMe and use it every day for work, that is the one thing that I wish they would change. I wish it were more like Gmail in that respect.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Been using GMail since I got my iPhone on Saturday and I <3 it. I have it set for 15 minute fetches, it has kept me in constant contact with my realtor and been so easy to use. I'm quite enamored with how it all just works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2