Changes to iphone IMO!

BAGTEVZ#IM

May 19, 2009
Visit site
I think apple should make something like BlackBerry BES and something like the BlackBerry pin.

I also think apple should open the iphone for other carriers like Sprint? or big red?

Whats your thoughts

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
A.) They sort of already do, it's called MobileMe. (Without the messenger. Which is pretty lame since it's closed off to any other phone or messaging service out there)

B.) Could not disagree with you more - perfectly happy with AT&T. (that's just me though)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
B.) Could not disagree with you more - perfectly happy with AT&T. (that's just me though)

Yeah, everyone complains about at&t, but I think they are actually get better. At least for me in Miami I'm very happy with the service and speed most of the time. The only other company that can even compare to at&t is verizon.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
VZ maybe...Mehh..

Sprint?!... Why??? If you are in their good EvDo area your are OK but get outside of that and their service goes WAAAAY down. At least that was my experience for the 5 years I was with them.

fireballnc

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPhone also, but since AT&T has told me to take my 300.00 a month elsewhere I am forced to look at sprint or verizon. It looks like sprint has alot to offer for alot less money especially if you read the fine print. I just hate having to go to two bills instead of one. I use my iPhone way too much for it to be replaced at the moment.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I tried the iPhone twice back in January and then in March (silly me) and had horrible connection problems both times (Austin TX). Had more dropped calls in one week than the previous 3 years on Sprint. However, if ATT can get it together and upgrade the network as promised then I think ATT could be the place to be. LTE is coming and I just have a feeling that Sprint is gonna be left behind. I have tried VZW too - service is great but they are so controlling over the hardware. No matter the rumors, I don't think we'll see an iPhone there until LTE comes around.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPhone also, but since AT&T has told me to take my 300.00 a month elsewhere I am forced to look at sprint or verizon. It looks like sprint has alot to offer for alot less money especially if you read the fine print. I just hate having to go to two bills instead of one. I use my iPhone way too much for it to be replaced at the moment.

Were you roaming too much or something?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I think apple should make something like BlackBerry BES and something like the BlackBerry pin.

I also think apple should open the iphone for other carriers like Sprint? or big red?

Whats your thoughts

I don't think it's needed, but would be nice to have an iPhone messenger. The reason it's not like BlackBerry is because unlike BlackBerry, Apple and the iPhone use AT&T's network for the iPhone data plan. The BlackBerry data plan is run by RIM and their servers. In order to get some of the BlackBerry push services, you'd have to do MoMe or exchange.

Other carriers? No. AT&T rocks, couldn't be any happier with them.

fireballnc

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Well that's what AT&T claims. I had two treo 750's before I added my 3g iPhone. I liked the iPhone so much that I stopped using my treo and just forwarded the # to my iPhone but kept it active for a backup phone. AT&T claims it is using 1MB of data daily even though it sits idle on a charger. Because I travel I have exceeded the 6MB monthly limit off network so I am now dataless on that 1 treo and allowed to leave AT&T at anytime with no etf's so I am now awaiting the Pre I guess.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2