Apple - Orland Park??

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I live about 1.5 hours southwest of Chicago, I have some free time today, so was going to run up, and hopefully get my phone replaced. The ringer switch broke off of it.
I was planning on going to the Orland Park location this afternoon.

Have any of you Chicagoland people been to this one? Is it a decent place?
I thought about the Schaumburg one also, didn't really want to go all the way up into the city to the downtown one. Want to make it a quick a trip as possible.

Is the Orland Park store decent to go to? Anyone had an problems there?

I set up an appt. with them for later this afternoon, hoping I will be able to get a new phone, without any hassles.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Apple in Orland Park is by far the best Apple store I've been to and the closest to me. I'm about 5 minutes away. They are super cool there, at least to me they have been.

Last edited:

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Cool! I was hoping you would be on here Ash! LOL
I thought you were down there in that area.
Glad I chose that location!
Thanks for the quick responce.

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
So if I drop your name, I'll have no problems at all, right?? LOL :)

From what I've seen, there usually isn't any problems getting the phone replaced when the ringer switch is broken off. I sure hope not anyways, I hate to drive all the way up there, to find out it's not covered!!

It's really not that horrible of a problem, I can still move it with my fingernail, but I figure it's a known defect, so I might as well get a replacement while I'm still under warranty. Other than the switch, my phone has had 0 major problems, and has worked flawlessly for me.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I personally knew a genius there but he left to go to the Oak Brook store. Make sure you have a appointment if you want to swap out your phone. Sundays are usually busy and if you don't have a appointment you could wait for a hour +.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I was in the Chicago area last week. I had to go to the Oakbrooke store because my iPhone kept freezing up. They were really great and quickly got to me.

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Well, I've been there, and am back home. Got a brand new iPhone.
That was the best customer service I have ever had, no questions asked, within 5 minutes, I had a new phone, and was out the door.
Kudo's to the Orland Park store, they are great people in there!!!

DRLyman

Jan 20, 2009
www.LymanPhoto.com
Well, I've been there, and am back home. Got a brand new iPhone.
That was the best customer service I have ever had, no questions asked, within 5 minutes, I had a new phone, and was out the door.
Kudo's to the Orland Park store, they are great people in there!!!

That's good to hear. And you got a new phone, not refurb, correct? I have read that some people were given a refurb when this happened. Just curious.

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
That's good to hear. And you got a new phone, not refurb, correct? I have read that some people were given a refurb when this happened. Just curious.

I assume it is... how can you tell if it's new or refurb?

I know I did have to put the newest firmware on it when I synced the first time.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You can't really tell I don't think. If you phone was older than like 30 days though I think technically they could give you a refurb. Honestly if it looks fine from the outside and works without any issues and has the same warranty as the original I really couldn't care less if it's new or not....as long as I think it's new.

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
It looks and works like brand new..

Isn't there a way to tell from the serial number, or something like that the month and year the phone was built? I thought I had seen posts before with people being able to tell from looking at certian numbers on the phone.??

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
OK, after doing some quick google searchs, I'm going to take a guess on when my replacement phone was built..

Serial number - 5K903xxxxxx
Would this mean it was built the 3rd week, of 2009??

DRLyman

Jan 20, 2009
www.LymanPhoto.com
I'm not sure how to tell if it is a refurb other than to ask them about it when it is exchanged. I may be totally wrong about it, it's just something I remember reading about online.

Looks like you have a brand new one. I am guessing that is too new to have been through the refurb process. If I ever have trouble with mine, I will be going the same place you went to. Sounds like really good service.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I assume it is... how can you tell if it's new or refurb?

I know I did have to put the newest firmware on it when I synced the first time.

Refurbs come in a small white box. That's one way of knowing. Regardless if it is or not, usually Apple refurbs are top notch. As long as it's working perfectly for you, be happy. ;)

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Refurbs come in a small white box. That's one way of knowing. Regardless if it is or not, usually Apple refurbs are top notch. As long as it's working perfectly for you, be happy. ;)

It did come in the little white box, Is my interpretation of the serial number correct though? Unless I am way off, I was reading it as built just a month or so ago, maybe it went bad right out of the box, and they refurbed it then?

Or am I way off base on getting the build date for it??

P.S. it is working perfectly, and I am Happy!!! :) LOL

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It did come in the little white box, Is my interpretation of the serial number correct though? Unless I am way off, I was reading it as built just a month or so ago, maybe it went bad right out of the box, and they refurbed it then?

Or am I way off base on getting the build date for it??

P.S. it is working perfectly, and I am Happy!!! :) LOL

You are correct, and yeah it could have been brought back simply because someone did not like it... or it could have had a simple issue. Either way you should be good to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2