This may sound rather naive, but my iPhone 2G is suddenly displaying a new icon that I haven't seen before.

It's an icon of a receiver, right next to the battery icon.

I've never seen it before, and its appeared very recently. I don't have any pending calls or any such thing. I've done a hard reboot, but it won't go away.

Anyone know what it's for?
    Thanks in advance.
    02-21-2009 01:56 AM
    You are jailbroken no? That means you have a missed call I believe.
    02-21-2009 10:16 AM
    Turns out the icon was displayed by the iBlacklist app to indicate that it had blocked a call.
    This is the first time a caller on my blocked list tried calling me... so the icon was new to me.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    02-21-2009 10:04 PM
    I see that when I have a new voicemail. I'm jailbroken too.
    02-21-2009 10:24 PM
    Turns out the icon was displayed by the iBlacklist app to indicate that it had blocked a call.
    This is the first time a caller on my blocked list tried calling me... so the icon was new to me.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
    You know the iphone can take a self screenshot. That would have made showing that icon a lot easier! Just hold the home button and quickly press and release the sleep button... It sends a screen shot right to your camera roll.
    02-22-2009 12:40 AM
    It's an indicator that your TTY settings are turned on. To remove this icon, go to settings, phone, and then turn off TTY
    09-30-2013 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD