Cannot reply to mail over Wifi, only over EDGE

kunalashar

Dec 29, 2008
Visit site
I have an iPhone 2G, 8GB, FW 2.2, jailbroken.

The Problem
  • The iPhone is unable to reply to/forward any existing mails when it is connected over Wifi.
  • However, it is able to send all existing and new mails when it is connected over EDGE.
  • It is also able to send emails that originate from the iPhone; that is, I create a new email on my iPhone and send it.

Wifi Connection Is Not A Problem
I have 2 separate laptops connected to the Wifi, and the internet on both works fine. I am able to browse the net, and send and receive emails using multiple clients such as Outlook and Thunderbird. I am also able to browse the net using iPhone's Sarafi mobile browser, when connected to the Wifi.

Wifi Security Is Not A Problem
My Wifi is WPA-PSK secured, but I have the same problem even when I remove all wireless security (open).

Problem With All Mail Servers
I have multiple email accounts configured, including Gmail, AOL, Yahoo and several POP3 and IMAP servers. I am able to receive emails on ALL of them, but cannot reply to or forward any emails on ANY of them on the iPhone.
I am, however, able to send emails that are created on the iPhone, from the from all of them.

Has anyone faced this problem and found a solution? Or could someone please suggest a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3g Iphone and have the same problem with my Charter Cable account. BUT it is even documented on their web site that I will not be able to 'reply' to an email over wi-fi. So I have to be tricky. Either I turn off wi-fi to respond to an email or I reply using one of my other accounts like my Mobile Me account. Annoying but that's how I handle it. And I am not jail broken.

kunalashar

Dec 29, 2008
Visit site
Turned out to be a weird bug; when I have multiple email accounts configured, including at least 1 custom IMAP account, sending over wifi fails, for all accounts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77