No Incoming Calls with BeejiveIM

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone 3G does not ring, or indicate missed calls, when Beejive is active. To top it off, there are no indications of any missed calls or even voicemails in the phone app until several (sometimes up to six) hours later. Has anyone had this problem? If you're not sure, please call your iPhones with Beejive active to check.

I contacted Beejive and they basically replied with "That's weird," and asked me if my iPhone was jailbroken (which it is not). I haven't heard back from them since I answered them.

My iPhone is new and has had no problems otherwise. It rings, accepts voicemails, and functions normally when Beejive is closed. It doesn't seem like an AT&T or Apple issue to me, but then who am I to say? :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you are using data while on Edge that could happen. Are you sure you are on WiFi or 3G while this is happening. That is the first thing to check.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Yes, it also happens at home when I'm on WiFi. I even reinstalled Palringo, IM+, and AIM apps to test them, and my phone rings when each of them is active.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Sorry, can't help you out. I have no issues like that using BeejiveIM. Hopefully someone else can chime in to help you out.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Well, at least now I know it's working for others. That's really what I was wondering. So, it's something on my end and not a problem with the app then.

Thanks.

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Actually, if you have had no problems with the phone, it is relatively new, and it is not jailbroken then I believe the problem lies within the app itself.

I understand you said you have contacted BeeJiveIM already but I think you should do so again as you did pay for the app and it is not working properly. (Not your fault) :rolleyes:

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
They said nobody else has complained about it, so there's nothing they can do.

Guess I'll just stop using it. I'm done with apps. I'm only using built-in Apple features from now on.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I've been thinking of trying that but have been afraid of it not reinstalling (since it works well for IM'ing)... but I think I'll try that tonight.

I'm also going to take a ride up to the Apple store later just to have the phone checked out.

I'll be back in a couple days with an update.

Thanks, guys!

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Do not give up...I say where there is a problem-there is a solution (they are not always easy or quick to find).

Definitely try BadAsh's tip on the reinstall. It will reinstall...I can almost guarantee it. If it does not reinstall I'd be willing to get with you over email, IM--to solve the issue if it occurs ;)

Hope it works out.

Stevie No-Wonder

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
Well, I reinstalled Beejive and the problem continued. However, after visiting my local AT&T store today, it appears that Beejive was never the cause (but rather quite a BIG coincidence).

AT&T told me it's a 3G problem for others as well in my area. The indicator on the iPhone will sometimes show a WiFi connection when it is actually using 3G, and that calls are going to their voicemail system immediately without ringing iPhones that are on 3G. They also said that Apple's 2.2 update was supposed to correct this problem (but obviously hasn't).

There were times before when my phone did ring, but it always seemed to be when I wasn't on Beejive, so I assumed it was the app. I can't explain why I had no problems with the other IMs. Very weird.

Anyway, they said powering down and powering back up solved this bug for most people, but it didn't for mine. So he turned 3G off and said to just leave it off until the problem is fixed (by whom, I'm not sure).

But it seems to be working for me now.

Thanks again, guys!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Well, I reinstalled Beejive and the problem continued. However, after visiting my local AT&T store today, it appears that Beejive was never the cause (but rather quite a BIG coincidence).

AT&T told me it's a 3G problem for others as well in my area. The indicator on the iPhone will sometimes show a WiFi connection when it is actually using 3G, and that calls are going to their voicemail system immediately without ringing iPhones that are on 3G. They also said that Apple's 2.2 update was supposed to correct this problem (but obviously hasn't).

There were times before when my phone did ring, but it always seemed to be when I wasn't on Beejive, so I assumed it was the app. I can't explain why I had no problems with the other IMs. Very weird.

Anyway, they said powering down and powering back up solved this bug for most people, but it didn't for mine. So he turned 3G off and said to just leave it off until the problem is fixed (by whom, I'm not sure).

But it seems to be working for me now.

Thanks again, guys!

I'm glad you found a answer, just sucks that now it's a waiting game to see when it gets corrected. I hope it gets cleared up sooner rather than later for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2