Incomming Media Message

E-Bot

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Wasn't sure if anyone else noticed this or posted. But i recieved a cell video today from another friends cell and it sent me to AT&T Wireless and gave me a login and pw to go to a file and i was able to watch the video. Granted i wasn't able to do it from my phone had to use comp since the video format wasnt correct.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Rogers does similar. One of the worst user experiences eva. With no cut and paste, how do you even login?!

Just stick a link in there and let MobileSafari open it, dagnabit!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
At least they could figure out something similar to what Sprint has set up here in the US. Sends a link that you click on and bam... there is your picture. No password or login needed.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
At least they could figure out something similar to what Sprint has set up here in the US. Sends a link that you click on and bam... there is your picture. No password or login needed.

Totally agree. Anyone tried SwirlyMMS app (jailbroken app)?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm not a huge fan of MMS in general. I tend to dislike device-specific protocols and prefer ones that work across platforms and devices, so I'm fine with no MMS. Email integration could, and should, be better however, and should transparently handle that for the end user.

The user should only ever have to taste the sausage, not see how it's made. Slap a great, iPhone front end on a communications App, and automatically parse email, MMS, SMS, IM, and all other protocols behind the scenes.

That way, whether I'm on an iPhone, a laptop, a desktop, a feature phone, an eBook reader, or a watch, I get as much message as my bandwidth and chipset can handle, regardless of the tech driving it.

Get on it, Apple! :)

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Totally agree. I would prefer to receive all pictures as email attachments, however one problem is those whose phones only have the ability to send MMS...we the chosen ones have to deal with the short comings of the carrier specific rules and regulations. Oh well, I guess life could be worse. I could live in a non 3G area!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
@jamesus:

It should just automagically happen on the carrier end. They know your cell number, they know you have an iPhone, they should just grab the MMS, attach it to an email address you pre-specify with them, and send it to you (or at least put a direct-to-media link in an SMS for one-click access).

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
That would be ideal. Had this same sort of problem (albeit is different at the same time) using a WinMo phone. At least on Sprint I would receive a URL to a website to view the picture, although some times the link wouldn't display correctly.

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I have had people send me MMS before, and I have never received anything. I haven't even ever gotten a link to follow. It is like it just doesn't even accept the message, unless it is text only.
Is there a setting or something that could be blocking out anything but regular text messages?

I just had one of my buddies send me a pic on a text message the other day, I didn't recieve anything at all, but when he sends me a regular "text only" message, it works fine. :confused:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have had people send me MMS before, and I have never received anything. I haven't even ever gotten a link to follow. It is like it just doesn't even accept the message, unless it is text only.
Is there a setting or something that could be blocking out anything but regular text messages?

I just had one of my buddies send me a pic on a text message the other day, I didn't recieve anything at all, but when he sends me a regular "text only" message, it works fine. :confused:

Have him email you pictures from now on... best way to do it. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234