Lose your apps?

JB4

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I have some important work applications that I have on my iPhone, but I'm looking to jailbreak it. My question(s) are:
1.)If I jailbreak my iPhone, do I lose my previously installed apps, and my contacts?
2.)If so is there a way to back all of this up before I do it, and then put them back on?

Last edited:

JB4

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Does this happen when I click backup or do I have to do something special? I've never had an ipod and I just got the iPhone so I'm clueless with itunes.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Are you on a mac or pc? Either way do you have your contacts on your computer? If so, you can easily put them on your phone via iTunes.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You will not lose any of your apps. Those are held within your actually iTunes account. You will just have to sync them back to the iPhone.

JB4

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
well, I never synced my iphone with itunes until after I had downloaded the apps already, so are they still backed up?

E-Bot

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You should recieve a receipt for the things you have purchased/downloaded, in your email. I always do, thinking that im being charged something. But so far thats not the case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77