While it's nothing too exciting here are a few screen shots of the 2.2 firmware. Some things that are noticeable are GPS seems to have pinpoint accuracy. Zooming in all the way while walking is dead on. Also in the app store the "update all" is back. When I find more I will update this thread.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-26-2008 at 01:26 AM.
    09-26-2008 01:22 AM
    try to find some pics of push lol.
    09-27-2008 02:36 AM
    Ash, Where did you get the info on 2.2 GPS? Do you have the software?
    09-27-2008 06:23 AM
    Ash, Where did you get the info on 2.2 GPS? Do you have the software?
    I personally do not have it but a friend of mine does. It does seem like the GPS was tweaked in some way.
    09-27-2008 08:43 AM
    Thanks. Sounds like it's ready for turn-by-turn then (we can hope!)

Anything else to report? Background notifications?
    09-27-2008 10:49 AM
    I'd love to be able to tell you use but sadly there is nothing more to report. Now that does not mean we will not see anything more in the future, just have to remember this is the first version of the 2.2 beta. So who knows what's to come. Keep your fingers crossed.
    09-27-2008 10:53 AM
    Thanks. Keep us posted.

Keep your fingers crossed.
    Would do, but it makes using the iPhone a little tricky
    09-27-2008 11:03 AM
    Gear Live has word that Apple is beta testing iPhone's 2.1 firmware and will add more GPS functionality to the phone. Specifically, the core location functions will be able to track what direction you're moving, and how fast (for turn-by-turn navigation, maybe?).

via Gizmodo. Probably wasn't ready for 2.1 and the pushed it back to 2.2.
    09-27-2008 02:02 PM
    It makes sense to move the google search to the right side. I always tab on the address bar anyway to reveal the search. Do Apple keep track of how we use the browser and other apps? It can be useful for them to improve the product. But I am afraid they collect too much personal info...
    09-28-2008 12:32 AM
    It makes sense to move the google search to the right side. I always tab on the address bar anyway to reveal the search. Do Apple keep track of how we use the browser and other apps? It can be useful for them to improve the product. But I am afraid they collect too much personal info...
    Last I checked, Apple was not Google.
    09-28-2008 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD