Few screen shots of 2.2

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
While it's nothing too exciting here are a few screen shots of the 2.2 firmware. Some things that are noticeable are GPS seems to have pinpoint accuracy. Zooming in all the way while walking is dead on. Also in the app store the "update all" is back. When I find more I will update this thread.

Last edited:

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Thanks. Sounds like it's ready for turn-by-turn then (we can hope!)

Anything else to report? Background notifications?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'd love to be able to tell you use but sadly there is nothing more to report. Now that does not mean we will not see anything more in the future, just have to remember this is the first version of the 2.2 beta. So who knows what's to come. Keep your fingers crossed.

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Gear Live has word that Apple is beta testing iPhone's 2.1 firmware and will add more GPS functionality to the phone. Specifically, the core location functions will be able to track what direction you're moving, and how fast (for turn-by-turn navigation, maybe?).

via Gizmodo. Probably wasn't ready for 2.1 and the pushed it back to 2.2.

mikecc

Aug 21, 2007
www.icellphonedeals.com
It makes sense to move the google search to the right side. I always tab on the address bar anyway to reveal the search. Do Apple keep track of how we use the browser and other apps? It can be useful for them to improve the product. But I am afraid they collect too much personal info...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It makes sense to move the google search to the right side. I always tab on the address bar anyway to reveal the search. Do Apple keep track of how we use the browser and other apps? It can be useful for them to improve the product. But I am afraid they collect too much personal info...

Last I checked, Apple was not Google. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2