What do you want to see in firmware 2.2?

What feature would you like to see MOST in 2.2?

• MMS

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Copy and paste

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • Turn by turn directions in GPS

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Push notifications

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Landscape mode for email/sms

Votes: 18 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Video Recording/Copy and Paste

Video recording, and copy and paste. Video recording should be as big as a must as a camera on a high end phone. Since Apple gave us You Tube and Myspace on our phones then why wouldn?t we have video recording ability to download a video we capture to upload to You Tube and My space?

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Video recording, and copy and paste. Video recording should be as big as a must as a camera on a high end phone. Since Apple gave us You Tube and Myspace on our phones then why wouldn?t we have video recording ability to download a video we capture to upload to You Tube and My space?

As jailbroken phones can record video, it's obviously not that big a task to enable and it's a common feature on cheaper handsets. Wouldn't we all be shocked if Apple gave us all these features in the next update? :eek:

RAFS

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
About the only thing I really wish for would be a way to adjust the screen brightness on the fly. The auto adjust doesn't have enough range. Or, even better, a way to adjust the range!

MMS would be okay, but I'm not lost without it. Cut/copy and paste is also not a big loss.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'd also like to be able to forward text messages although it's not something I would do a lot, there are times when I find I really need it and as there's no copy/paste either it gets very annoying. :mad:

sethclifford

Sep 25, 2006
about.me
I'd like a lot of things. I'm not holding my breath for turn-by-turn in a FW update, because there's too much money to be made with it in the app store when someone finally brings it. Landscape email/sms would be great, but I can live without it. Copy/paste? I know everyone makes such a fuss, and for the life of me, I don't know why it wasn't included to begin with, but I'm fine without it. Notifications would be nice, because facebook sits there and does nothing until I click it, but I get the emails that tell me to check it, not to mention other apps.

But what I would REALLY like, and it's totally do-able, is for some settings (airplane, wi-fi, BT et. al.) to be easily and quickly accessible from my home screen with a toggle command. I HATE wasting time turning things on and off. It could be an option like the home button double-tap, that brings up a pop-up screen for network settings. Wouldn't that be convenient?

Answer: yes. Now do it, Apple! :)

MRY

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
C&P and landscape are most important to me. Other changes I've wanted since I got my iPhone a year ago are (assuming these features are not possible today, or I'm a fool...):

- Ability to change the order of phone #s for a contact. Seems if you want, say, Mobile # always on top you need to delete and re-add
- More email labels when setting up a contact beyond the one choice we get today (email) - I want Home email, Work email, etc.
-Ability to change contact info from within Favorites
- Better alignment with MS Outlook contact option for phone. Outlook has choices like Business, Business 2, Home Home 2. These don't sync well with 2.1
- Ability to have one-touch dial phone #s that are in Calendar invites
-Wold love Apple or apps dev create a Flashlight app that makes screen pure white a highest brightness setting. I use my iPhone all the time to find stuff in the dark.
-Better way to clear the missed call counter in Recents without having to touch each one (without clearing the entire Recents list)
-As a Gmail user, I wish my auto-labeled messages that get DL'ed to my phone were auto put into the corresponding folder
- Ability to move pix from Camera Roll directly to Photo Libary.

robdam1001

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, what is push notification? I have push email and I am notified when a new email arrives. Is that what you are referring to?

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
with push notification you would know when there were new messages/posts in apps such as Facebook and IM apps when they're not open in the same way that push/fetch mail works - that's my understanding of it.

jmleib

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Actually my choice would be...

Collapsible mail folders. I have email spread through lots of folders, many of them I'll never need to access from the phone, but I use in Outlook.

3girls

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
Printing, Safari Crashes, Languages

I really miss print. I use the iphone all the time to quickly go to a web site and pay the water bill and things alike and I would like to be able to print to a defined bonjour printer when at home. While being on the road these print jobs should stay in the queue until the defined environment is reached.

Then I would like Safari to stop from crashing. As this happens daily it is more then an inconvenience.

Third I use two other languages and the language recognition for German is awful. It would be nice if I could have access to special characters myself.

paulpenny#IM

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I want a weekview in the calendar and some sort of easy profile switching so I don't need to go through 4 button presses and 4 screens just to forward calls.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
I'm not holding my breath for turn-by-turn in a FW update, because there's too much money to be made with it in the app store when someone finally brings it.
I think you're almost certainly right. As previously speculated for 2.1 though, Apple may do some background stuff to aid turn-by-turn apps. Bad Ash's first post in this thread is pretty interesting in this regard.

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
What I like about this is the fact that there are good things and improvements to look forward to unlike in the run up to 2.1 when there were so many people desperate for a fix for major problems (including myself). :)

kbtkpk

Sep 27, 2008
Visit site
Several features. . .

Turn-by-turn directions and rerouting in GPS

Landscape mode in email and all other apps

Copy/paste

Much improved interface for placing apps on home screens, including ability to insert new blank page, categories, etc.

Ability to subscribe to RSS feeds within Safari

Trial periods for iPhone apps

Multi-tasking (ability to run apps in background)

True signal meter (the last OS upgrade simply changed the meter to read four bars, without actually improving signal strength)

xavierserranoa

Sep 28, 2008
Visit site
i voted for push notification i really want that out of anything. i would also like to have push gmail although i know that needs to come from google not apple. then MMS i dont think i would use it if i want to send a picture i'll send it through e-mail, GPS turn by turn i would really want to, video recording i also really want to not that im making a movie or a home video but still there are some stuff you are just fooling around and want to take a video instead of a picture and you dont want to look for your camera you just want to take your phone out and film your friend being DRUNK!!!! hahaha just to give an example... also landscape mode for text input i want it on anything that has to do with it i know apple only needs to put it on mail and SMS but still all the third party apps should have it to. i also want to disable the auto correction to its annoying i write in spanish and english and sometimes even combined i dont want to be switching between keyboards so that it wont suggest as spanish word for and english word hahahaha i just want free texting...also a little more customization avalable would be nice like maybe changing some colors/styles/themes something like that not that i would like to put an image as a background i prefer to use single colors because if you put an image is harder to notice the apps icons. the iphone already shows way to many graphics and colors on the screen to be adding an image on the background it would make your eye go crazy it wouldn't be easy to focus on something....but like i said maybe changing themes or the colro fo the background and the dock to a 3d dock like leopard(i dont own a mac i have a dell laptop) would be nice...thats what i can think so far

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Its strange nobody is talking about file transfer between devices using bluetooth/Wifi.

It's possible to transfer files from a computer to the iphone using specific apps but if you're talking about transferring between phones I guess it's not that important to people. A few friends have asked for some of my ringtones/pictures via bluetooth but it's not possible at the moment (besides many of my ringtones are my own creation).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77