View Poll Results: What feature would you like to see MOST in 2.2?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • MMS

16 14.55%
  • Copy and paste

32 29.09%
  • Turn by turn directions in GPS

20 18.18%
  • Push notifications

24 21.82%
  • Landscape mode for email/sms

18 16.36%
    You know, I was a beta tester for SugarSync, and while it's very cool, it didn't really do it for me ultimately, which is why I never got around to subscribing. It is a great service, though, no doubt. Again, though, you're still communicating with a remote server for your info, and I like to have a tighter control on that kind of stuff.

At some point, I'll probably just give up and implement a local solution on our server, or just say the heck with it, and get MobileMe now that the hiccups seem to be worked out for the most part.
    It would be weird to me to have to actually sync all of my info now... I totally got spoiled... It is nice.
    09-28-2008 01:39 PM
    I imagine it is pretty nice. But I still can't justify 100 beans for addresses and contact syncing... All my mail syncs directly with the IMAP server already... and I wouldn't use the photo services or anything. Regardless, I apologize for derailing the thread.
    09-28-2008 01:50 PM
    I imagine it is pretty nice. But I still can't justify 100 beans for addresses and contact syncing... All my mail syncs directly with the IMAP server already... and I wouldn't use the photo services or anything. Regardless, I apologize for derailing the thread.
    Completely cool, no need for apologies. I thought the same way before I bought MobileMe... but the syncing of everything from contacts to my safari bookmarks all to my Mac... is worth the price.
    09-28-2008 02:15 PM
    1. Divx support
    2. Voice recording in mp3.
    3. Internet Radio
    4. FM Radio
    5. Dim screen within movie player.
    6. Option to lock all but top of movie player screen so not affected by accidental touch.
    09-28-2008 03:14 PM
    Realistically:
    turn by turn + accurate gps
    push notification

Unrealistically:
    MMS
    Copy -n- Paste
    Bentley GT (had to try)
    09-29-2008 08:24 AM
    Also another feature that may never happen is that ability to lock certain parts of the phone...

For example... pictures, text messages, email. I don't want it where it's either all or none. I want to be able to have pics and sms locked and email open or open and text locked and pics open.
    09-29-2008 08:26 AM
    Pretty much everything in that list... Well, ok I don't care about MMS becaus I don't usually use it.
    09-29-2008 11:18 AM
    I'm hoping for Push, that's the one thing I'd get the most use out of. MMS would be good for the few times I've wanted it but I can do without it.
    09-29-2008 09:52 PM
    Apart from the possible changes to Safari, has anything else been leaked yet?
    09-30-2008 07:15 AM
    Not sure if this is in 2.1 or not but I kind of want the ability to have custom sounds for text messages and emails..
    10-01-2008 05:25 PM
    I used to have a motorola handset that used ringtones assigned to contacts as text tones so I could tell instantly who had sent the message. Pretty neat but also a bit annoying at times.
    10-01-2008 06:34 PM
    I would like my iPhone OSX to work like the one on my computor. The iPhone has enough capacitiy to do so.
    10-03-2008 07:17 AM
    I would like to be able to have a separate signature for each e-mail address that I have in my iPhone.
    10-04-2008 11:30 PM
    I would like to be able to have a separate signature for each e-mail address that I have in my iPhone.
    That would be quite a useful thing - I tend to use one address for business and other for social messages so it would be good to have different sigs.
    10-05-2008 08:55 AM
    Well more and more is being leaked about regarding the 2.2 firmware...

iPhone 2.2: Google Street View, Auto-Correct Off, and Emoji | The iPhone Blog
    10-07-2008 05:33 PM
    Still no leak of copy/paste or push! Why Emoji? I know they're big in Japan but are they big elsewhere as well?
    10-07-2008 05:59 PM
    Still no leak of copy/paste or push! Why Emoji? I know they're big in Japan but are they big elsewhere as well?
    Maybe we will see emotion icons? Possibly... but yes I know you want copy/paste.
    10-07-2008 06:00 PM
    LETS GO PUSH!!!! WOO HOOO> who needs cut and paste lol.
    10-07-2008 07:13 PM
    also I would like to see MMS. The other day I had to tell my friend that wanted to send me a picture that I couldn't do it.
    10-07-2008 08:18 PM
    I occasionally get sent pictures and it's really easy to just click on the link and see the pic so it's not impossible at the moment, just a bit awkward.
    10-08-2008 11:27 AM
    I occasionally get sent pictures and it's really easy to just click on the link and see the pic so it's not impossible at the moment, just a bit awkward.
    It does not work that way here in the US with the iPhone... sad to say. You actually have to go to a computer and enter in codes sent in a SMS to get the picture. And keep in mind other phones on AT&T do have real MMS... Weird I know.
    10-08-2008 12:58 PM
    It does not work that way here in the US with the iPhone... sad to say. You actually have to go to a computer and enter in codes sent in a SMS to get the picture. And keep in mind other phones on AT&T do have real MMS... Weird I know.
    That sucks!
    I have had other handsets that had real MMS and it is weird that it wasn't included on the iphone. Guess O2 isn't that bad after all
    10-08-2008 02:51 PM
    I can't believe these two things are not already included. What a stupid handicap.
    10-08-2008 04:14 PM
    2.2 should have a global search function that will look through all fields of a contact and schedule.
    10-09-2008 12:40 PM
    Hi

I would like 2.2 to have...

1st) Copy & Paste - I miss this. If you get an email with train times or the reference number of a flight booking. Copy & paste would let you copy the details from the email and paste it into your calendar.

2nd) Push for email - If this means I can get emails sent to my iPhone as quickly as they go to a Blackberry. Then I want & need this.

3rd)Video - I went to Barcelona for the weekend took a few pictures with the camera. Ok its only 2mp but it can in good light take ok pictures. However video would be nice.

Just my view
    10-14-2008 05:09 AM
108 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD