Man "mugged" for "iPhone" - yea right!

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
BS story but a bit funny! Obviously it's a dig at the way Apple advertises itself and particularly the iPhone - a bit deceptive where it comes out looking like the messiah despite the failings (see "bash Windows" Ads for its Macs, "besy keyboard" and the "real internet"!

Gizmodo.com iRobbery

According to reports floating around the intertubes, a young man was walking at night in Kunitachi, a suburb of western Tokyo, when when muggers attacked him for his iPhone, which turned out to be a cigarette case. Besides the fact that the alleged mugging took place in a country where iPhones aren't yet remotely for sale, several days before they even go on sale in the US, reports of the man's press testimony sounded a little too fishy.

"If they're that desperate they could have had my iRiver player instead?I really want a smoke now. Besides, my real phone has 3.6Mbps HSDPA; an IC-chip that works as a train ticket, bus ticket, e-cash, e-credit and can open doors; a 5-megapixel camera with optical zoom and auto-focus; real songs as ringtones; a dictionary; face recognition; a barcode reader and ringtones that make my girlfriend's tits bigger. Oh, and not only did it cost me nothing, I'm not stuck with a two-year contract either."

The points were all a little too targeted anti-iPhone to be taken seriously. And it wasn't just the breast-enlarging ringtone thing that made us call BS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77