What about multitasking?

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Why can't you tap twice with one hand?
Depends on how far apart the bottom center thumb-tap (return to home) is from the next icon you want to thumb-tap and how much "shinnying" you want to do with the phone in your one, (hopefully) dexterous hand! :eek: Looks like a fairly long throw for some of those two-handed tap combos they show in the demo videos on the iPhone site at Apple.com.

MacUser

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Depends on how far apart the bottom center thumb-tap (return to home) is from the next icon you want to thumb-tap and how much "shinnying" you want to do with the phone in your one, (hopefully) dexterous hand! :eek: Looks like a fairly long throw for some of those two-handed tap combos they show in the demo videos on the iPhone site at Apple.com.
Nah, just grab yourself a big ole' calculator and practice your one-handed button pressing so you're all set for Friday :cool:

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site

fairly long throws????? the actual keyboard space appears to be about 1-2" inches tall by the width of the device.

what will you come up with next!

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
FWIW, that's about 4 taps less than most WM phones! Too bad you can't do it one-handed on the iPhone. :(

In some circumstances, but to switch to the last app used the OK key will usually get you there. Also some apps often have hard keys, like contacts, calender and internet (see HTC Mongul). I you are not adverse to using a stylus you can get to about 7-9 apps with two taps (start and the app you want to use). Lastly you can redial the last number usually by just holding down the dial key.

Surur

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
fairly long throws????? the actual keyboard space appears to be about 1-2" inches tall by the width of the device.
You need remedial video watching - How did you find yourself at the keyboard after hitting the home key? I'm talking about those icons clear on the other end of "the largest phone screen ever conceived of by anyone...ever." Long throw.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Nah, just grab yourself a big ole' calculator and practice your one-handed button pressing so you're all set for Friday :cool:
But at least the calculator has keys with tactile feedback. I'll need a LOT more accuracy than that with my super-smooth, smudge-repelling, cubic zirconium screen!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost