AT&T + iPhone = Free Year and a Half Service = Assault on Verizon

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Do I need to dig up his classis iPod postings? Obvious spawn of fear, uncertainty and doubt along with statements of untruth.

It's quite well known he has no like for Apple, Inc.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
OT slightly and to lighten things up a bit(come on guys, it's an object. and many reporters have inflated egos anyway, we know that.) but I need to ask any Apple insiders if they know if the true video iPod is going to be released soon. No one really ever replied before.

Otherwise I'm about to buy the U2 iPod within the next 2 months, maybe sooner.

If the iPhone is supposed to be the actual true video iPod, I still don't know if I can buy it. I already have too many phones and really don't want to be stuck only with ATT for 2 more years.

G-funkster

Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
You will see this new interface and display on a non-phone ipod.

Saying something about that now would cannibalize sales of existing iPods, so that was not mentioned. I don't know when that would be released though, but there's no reason for Apple to wait until June, as the playback portions of the device seem complete.

But you should really ask in a new thread. This one should die.

specimen38

Sep 29, 2004
Visit site
One more thought, you can think of ATT offering 18 months of free services as an $849.00 incentive for switching from Verizon. That is, $250.00 to break your Verizon contract + $599.00 to purchase the iPhone = $849.00.

Very thought provoking post, whether or not they give anything away. :)

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
You will see this new interface and display on a non-phone ipod.

Saying something about that now would cannibalize sales of existing iPods, so that was not mentioned. I don't know when that would be released though, but there's no reason for Apple to wait until June, as the playback portions of the device seem complete.

Well notice the bickering stopped? ;)

On the other hand, the 5.5 gen U2 iPod is still nice and I may still get it anyway. Even if a new one is released before June. I can just sell my other one to buy the new one. :D

People are still selling 4th gen and mini iPods on Craig's List.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Verizon has the greatest customer market share, no? just asking, but if so, that might suggest why they (T/Cingular) are aiming at them.

Cingular has the largest share already, Verizon being next. The reason they are going after Verizon is the customer base is not as concerned about price.

Sprint and T-Maybe are both discount carriers. They are both doing terrible. Sprint is doing especially bad already losing big numbers to other carriers.

Stupidest move in the world was to buy Nextel.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
hey, u and i agree on something, actually, two things. the nextel purchase/integration is causing real havoc on their profitability. one thing they do have going for them is a widespread network that someone could potentially care about. and yes, verizon customers are much less price sensitive but perhaps willing to pay for the services that they're not able to receive by other, lesser expensive carriers within their geographic area.

agreed: stupidest move in the world was to buy Nextel

archie

Oct 1, 2003
Visit site
Why do you think this thread should die? Do you really believe that Cingular's top brass would confide in Briam Lame of Gizmodo and no one else?

Seriously, this is the last person on earth that I would trust on this issue.

Second would probably be Surur.

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
Cingular has the largest share already, Verizon being next. The reason they are going after Verizon is the customer base is not as concerned about price.

Sprint and T-Maybe are both discount carriers. They are both doing terrible. Sprint is doing especially bad already losing big numbers to other carriers.
Stupidest move in the world was to buy Nextel.
Not to be disrespectful to the AT&T customers but cglaguna is way off

cglaguna wake up.Sprint has the best EVDO coverage avalible at a very low price turning that up with the most stable phones on the market today.
There Wimax-will be strong in the 1st Q of 2008 giving them the fastest mobile data speed available.

Verizon is lost with less evdo map coverage,higher rates with there Phones being a beta test for there consumers-700w/Moto Q

Cingular.hmm lets call them AT&T
Data service- rip off,
3G network-maps pretty weak untill the 4th Q of 2007
Customer service is a rude drop call
Lets not forget about there apple Iphone-edge release they wont even have there name on hahahaha

The AT&T/Cingular cheerleaders need to wake up.That very slow edge data speed did some damage to the brain.The graph below does not have AT&T on it.There data speed cant be measered because of inconsistent service maps of there new 3G.
To give you an idea.There top speeds were the same a T-mobile a couple months ago So lets brag about that cglaguna

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
AT&T wants Verizon
Verizon numbers may look strong yet deceaving.There customers are droping like fly's because of the 700w and moto Q flop
V service plans are expensive and data service maps are not the best.
For AT&T to beat V up would be in there best intrest.
Sprints will own altell and At&T will own t-mobile.It,s a tower thing

It will be a very intresting 2008-2009

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Verizon numbers may look strong yet deceaving.There customers are droping like fly's because of the 700w and moto Q flop
You might consider doing a casual search before you make a comment like that: Comment Debunking Link
Market Watch July 2006 said:
Verizon adds 1.8 million wireless users
Industry's No. 2 closes gap on market leader Cingular

And while Cingular posted a company-low churn rate of 1.7% in the second quarter, it trails Verizon in that department, too. Verizon's churn rate -- or the percentage of customers who quit service - is an industry-low 1.2%.
or this Comment Debunking Link...
TMC.net August 2006 said:
As a news release noted, "Based on the major carriers' most recent financial reports, Verizon Wireless again had the lowest customer turnover rate in the industry in the 2nd quarter of 2006, the seventh consecutive quarter where it ranked best. Verizon Wireless also now serves more retail customers -- 52.6 million -- than any other U.S. wireless carrier."
Want something more recent? Try this Comment Debunking Link:
Wireless Week - 29 January 2007 said:
The carrier ended the quarter with 59.1 million customers overall, up 15% year-over-year. The overall figure includes 56.8 million retail subscribers. The increase helped Verizon Wireless move closer to closing the gap in subscribers with rival Cingular Wireless, which ended the fourth quarter with 61 million subscribers.

Customer churn for the quarter held at 1.14%, including 1.10% retail churn along with 0.89% retail post-paid churn. Verizon Wireless pointed out that the 0.89% churn represents about 93% of its total customers.
So, in fact, there [sic] customers are not droping [sic] like flys [sic] as you would have us believe - and their growth has actually accelerated over the past year. So now who's trying to be deceaving [sic]?
Isn't it interesting how reality differs from what you want it to be? ;)

Slingbox

Oct 27, 2006
Visit site
Very entertaining numbers Kupe

Hmm
Verizon,s a great company if you want expensive rate plan,PPC that dont work not forgetting the graph above giving you fact of were there evdo speed/coverage stands
Question,Would you invest in Cingular edge-3G,,Sprint evdo-Wimax or Verizon evdo?
It will be an intresting 1st Q 2007 .We must follow up on how smart you are;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2