IPhone 3gs not activating!!!

jrodbrown58

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
So my brother bought a used iphone that he factory reset so that the previous users info wasn't still on there. After doing so it will no longer activate. I've tried various jailbreaking methods and hacktivating it as well and got it to go all the way to activation but then keeps getting an error about iTunes servers or something like that. Its been a while since I've tried fooling with it but recently wanted to give it another shot. can someone please offer any assistance on how to do this? So that we can at least have it as an ipod or play games on for my daughter at least?

Thanks!

Sent from my CM10 Samsung Skyrocket

Gregory60060

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Make sure that you have the most up to date firmware. I believe the iPhone 3GS doesn't have iOS 6 support but I may be mistaken. Completely restore through iTunes then use iTunes to activate and don't do it on the phone itself. The phone activation menus have a few bugs and I always go this route to secure that everything will work out alright. Also google your firmware and download it that way. Then click restore while holding shift and find your file. It may help.

jrodbrown58

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I believed I tried that with no good results but I will try again when I get the device back into my hands...

Sent from my CM10 Samsung Skyrocket

jrodbrown58

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Make sure that you have the most up to date firmware. I believe the iPhone 3GS doesn't have iOS 6 support but I may be mistaken. Completely restore through iTunes then use iTunes to activate and don't do it on the phone itself. The phone activation menus have a few bugs and I always go this route to secure that everything will work out alright. Also google your firmware and download it that way. Then click restore while holding shift and find your file. It may help.

After doing it this way the iphone restarts and then itunes popped up with "your request couldn't be processed" and to try again later. I then set up the wifi on the phone and and tried activating it through wifi and it claimed the activation servers were temp. down. i googled it and was told to restart the phone and then restore it...lets just see.

This is one reason i stick with androids. no dumb program to go through for everything to do with the phone...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2