I HAVE RETURNED... to the iPhone 3G! - Round Robin!

chuazy

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
interestingly enough... g1 is just out 2 months ago, and now ppl are talking about g2, g3.. but what what about iphone 3.0?? no news?

.m.e.

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
God an iPhone 4G would be AWSOME .. ill be very curious to see how they can manage to improve it though .. save for the 4G speeds obviously ..

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
ill be very curious to see how they can manage to improve it though .. save for the 4G speeds obviously ..

Bluetooth Profiles for more than Headset
real MMS support
Theme support (non-jailbroken)
You know, all that stuff most base line phones have now..;)

Disk Mode would be nice too.
Usability wise with the UI though, it would be hard to improve on.

chuazy

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
iphone will be the only smart phone in the top category to not have native vid recording support after cupcake update for google in Jan...

Touch Me

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
G?

My wife saw the iphone commercial.
Is there a G commercial?
Do you mean the Google G1? Or, I guess more properly, the T-Mobile G1 with Google? There have been many commercials since September including the fun "Questions" ad. Search on YouTube. Also, the G1 is heavily featured on the NBA's T-Mobile Halftime show where there are some clever commercials for T-Mobile with Charles Barkley and Dwayne Wade. The iPhone commercials are boring by comparison. At least the G1 beats the iPhone in that regard.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Do you mean the Google G1? Or, I guess more properly, the T-Mobile G1 with Google? There have been many commercials since September including the fun "Questions" ad. Search on YouTube. Also, the G1 is heavily featured on the NBA's T-Mobile Halftime show where there are some clever commercials for T-Mobile with Charles Barkley and Dwayne Wade. The iPhone commercials are boring by comparison. At least the G1 beats the iPhone in that regard.

Yea, that's what I meant.
I think apple has just flooded everyone with adds.
I know that's what did it for my wife - all the World Series Commercials.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
It's been a loooooong 4 weeks, with Apple dropping iPhone OS 2.2 just to make me extra homesick along the way! (Thanks for that!). So today I shipped the Bold back to Kevin, and dusted off my trusty little pocket universe denter... and immediately updated about 2 dozen apps! Yikes!

But I'm a stranger in my own land. Can I go home again? Maybe with YOUR help?

What else did I miss? Any killer apps released in the last month I should check out? Any super ninja tricks discovered? Does BadAsh have his own protocol baked into the device yet?

And what about those "other" editors, the ones who found stuff to gripe about in the iPhone 3G? How do we respond to them? Is it really a "stop and use" device only? Is it hopelessly closed as a platform? Does the lack of a Qwerty keyboard hobble it forever? If you've checked out Dieter, Casey, Jennifer, and Kevin's video previews and full reviews, can we get a little Samuel L. Jackson on them? I'm making one last video and review of my own, so can I get a little help? Can TiPb be allowed to RETORT?

And as if that wasn't incentive enough, remember every day you post on this thread, or any Round Robin thread, you're entered for another chance to win each site's signature smartphone -- in our case, an iPhone 3G!

I would assume that all you guys would choose the device you own as your favorite.
A BB user is going to choose BB as their favorite. Iphone user is going to choose Iphone.
What would be your second choice?

scottymomo

Dec 12, 2003
Visit site
how easy is it to flip that switch with the phone in your pocket? on the treo's it's pretty fast and easy (although on the pro you can't hit the volume buttons to silence the ringer (can you do that on the iPhone?)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2