Will you trade your 12 for the 13?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. I feel like the 120 refresh rate, bigger battery and newer chip are all worth upgrading.

I’m not sure what some people were expecting quite honestly.

Form what I have read 120 hz will be very different on the iPhone 13 pro compared to android.

Apparently 120hz on android phones with an ltpo panel are quite janky and stutters when the panel moves between refresh rates, and the animations on Samsung ui are limited to only 60hz. With the iPhone 13 pro apple has already optimized iOS 15 for the variable refresh.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
RE: 120 Hz...

I have a 2018 iPad Pro (11") that has a 120Hz panel. I can tell you this, even today with iPadOS15 it is very smooth, much smoother than my 12 Pro Max and rivals my 120Hz Android phones! 120Hz on iPhone 13 should be spectacularly smooth!

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Form what I have read 120 hz will be very different on the iPhone 13 pro compared to android.

Apparently 120hz on android phones with an ltpo panel are quite janky and stutters when the panel moves between refresh rates, and the animations on Samsung ui are limited to only 60hz. With the iPhone 13 pro apple has already optimized iOS 15 for the variable refresh.

I used a S21 Ultra for a few months and didn’t experience any jankyness or struttering. It was actually a very nice screen. I always come back to iOS for iMessage and so I can see where my older daughters are at all times.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I used a S21 Ultra for a few months and didn’t experience any jankyness or struttering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMcAkbsOEM
Apparently all LPTO panels on android phones offer the jankyness/stuttering when the panel shifts through its variable refresh rates. This is due to Samsung using a different LTPO backplane on the Oled panel instead of paying apple for the one they developed.

The note 20 ultra is not affected due to its Hop panel that Samsung was using before moving on to a different version of LTPO for the s21 ultra and the z fold 3, but it only offered 120hz @1080p.

It was actually a very nice screen. I always come back to iOS for iMessage and so I can see where my older daughters are at all times.

I wouldn’t call the display nice, it can’t even out put dolby vision, which is shocking for its price as a 2021 flagship. Hope you didn’t lose much offloading it, second had prices tanked now that s21 ultra officially flopped.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
What bumper are you using? Ive been looking for a good one for the 12 pro max that works well with the pacific blue color.

a5ed4dcf9b38110a13f7c8556b051e6e.png

Bumper Designed for iPhone 12 Pro... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N4MVR6...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3264702

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECMcAkbsOEM
Apparently all LPTO panels on android phones offer the jankyness/stuttering when the panel shifts through its variable refresh rates. This is due to Samsung using a different LTPO backplane on the Oled panel instead of paying apple for the one they developed.

The note 20 ultra is not affected due to its Hop panel that Samsung was using before moving on to a different version of LTPO for the s21 ultra and the z fold 3, but it only offered 120hz @1080p.

I wouldn’t call the display nice, it can’t even out put dolby vision, which is shocking for its price as a 2021 flagship. Hope you didn’t lose much offloading it, second had prices tanked now that s21 ultra officially flopped.

I actually owned the phone and used it daily. The screen is better than my iPhone 12 Pro Max which I also own and use daily.

You seem overly critical of anything not Apple, like you have to justify your decisions.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I actually owned the phone and used it daily. The screen is better than my iPhone 12 Pro Max which I also own and use daily.

Im not the one trying to compare a 2021 oled panel with a 2020 model , wait for the iPhone 13 pro.

You seem overly critical of anything not Apple, like you have to justify your decisions.

Not really. I wouldn’t call bringing up sales figures or components as being critical, I don’t personally control the market .

The s21 series isn’t doing very well and Samsung is auditing its smartphone business because of it. I’m pretty sure I’m not responsible for that either .

3090369198f147e1c9090546f4009cba.jpg

8f01c26b8d96defcd1e08336f1a6393b.jpg

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Im not the one trying to compare a 2021 oled panel with a 2020 model , wait for the iPhone 13 pro.

Not really. I wouldn’t call bringing up sales figures or components as being critical, I don’t personally control the market .

The s21 series isn’t doing very well and Samsung is auditing its smartphone business because of it. I’m pretty sure I’m not responsible for that either .

3090369198f147e1c9090546f4009cba.jpg

8f01c26b8d96defcd1e08336f1a6393b.jpg

Your post completely proves my point.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
After using the Z Fold 3 for a while I will say this much, when (Apple) finally does release a folding phone it WILL be THE one to own. Apple may need to expand their trade in program to make it within reach of a larger customer base as it won't be cheap. I never wanted a folder, thought it was a gimmick and attention getter. But actually as I depend more and more on a mobile device and multi task on the go, it's invaluable to me! Apple has niche market offerings (8TB Macbook Pros hehe) and this is no exception. It's not for everyone mind you. They could also do their version of the Flip, they could call it the flipbook! :p

I do plan on preordering a 1TB 13 Pro Max tomorrow AM because, well 1TB! And it will be the most expensive iPhone to date costing the same as my 512GB Fold 3 which was $300 off thanks to BB!

My biggest gripe about the 13 (get ready!) is the lack of a matte black color. The phantom black Samsung has is amazing. I wish the camera bump was jet black too. Maybe next year the 14 will be closer with near flush design. It's like being a kid again when you didn't get everything you wanted for Christmas and your parents reply was "Well there's always next year" :D

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't see enough changes in the 13 Pro Max to make me want to upgrade my 12 Pro Max that's working just fine. I always like the BEST camera, but I really am doing fine with the 12 ProMax camera now. I can't justify the upgrade if you can even really call it much of an upgrade. May upgrade my Apple Watch 6 to the 7 though. On the fence about that one.

I see far more of an upgrade between the iPhone 12 and 13 than the Apple Watch series 6 and 7, personally.

I am upgrading my 11 Pro Max to a 13 Pro Max but keeping my Series 4 Apple Watch that works perfectly. But then I do a ton of videos and photos for work, so the camera capabilities of the phone are important to me. the watch just needs to tell the time and convey important messages. Hell, I spend half my time wearing one of my other 'real' watches anyway.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
No upgrades for phone or watch here. I'm holding out for the next iPad Air and Airpods (well, hoping for an upgrade for the regular Airpod design, not the pros).

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I see far more of an upgrade between the iPhone 12 and 13 than the Apple Watch series 6 and 7, personally.

I am upgrading my 11 Pro Max to a 13 Pro Max but keeping my Series 4 Apple Watch that works perfectly. But then I do a ton of videos and photos for work, so the camera capabilities of the phone are important to me. the watch just needs to tell the time and convey important messages. Hell, I spend half my time wearing one of my other 'real' watches anyway.

I never said the watch had "much of an upgrade" between the 6 and the 7, I just said I may do the upgrade, mostly because I may want it.

got berry

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Traded 11 Pro Max for 12 Pro because I wanted something easier to use one handed, but the 12 Pro still isn't a one handed device for me. Want to go back to a Max but will see if it is worth it after the keynote.

Walked into the AT&T store for one thing and walked out with a 13PM 256GB in Sierra Blue. My wife took the 12P and daughter took her 11P. Couldn't be happier. Glad to be back to a max size phone. The 13PM is snappy, bright and fun to use. Haven't had much chance to test out the camera but hope to do so this weekend.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll