So whats the Verdict on Magsafe?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have done fine charging as I have. Not interested in the mag charging. I have a Belkin wireless phone/watch combo charging unit.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I have done fine charging as I have. Not interested in the mag charging. I have a Belkin wireless phone/watch combo charging unit.
i do have the Belkin combo too. While it worked well with the larger phones like the 11 Pro or 12, even with the SE20, it does not work for the 12 mini. The mini seems to be too short to reach the position of the charging coils, maybe?
So I bought the magsafe charger, which works ok. Nothing spectacular, the snap in positioning is convenient but nothing to write home about. Now I'm thinking of replacing it with the duo version. I like the small size compared to other dual solutions - the magsafe feature for the phone is nice to have, and the Watch was mag-saf'd from the beginning on anyway.
However, a magsafe feature is not a must have for me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My belkin isn’t working unless phone is not in the case. Weird. I purchased a case from Verizon like one I had for my 11 pro

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I like it. I have a car holder that works perfect with my apple silicon case and I also bought a wireless charger with MagSafe that works perfectly.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I like it. I have a car holder that works perfect with my apple silicon case and I also bought a wireless charger with MagSafe that works perfectly.

It do too. I love how fast it charges my phone. It’s charges twice as fast than any wireless charger that I currently have. It’s not necessary but it’s nice to have. I also love how I can charge and use my phone unlike using a standard wireless charger.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
No MagSafe here. I have a 12 Pro Max and my wife has a 12 Pro. Only new accessories were the new protective cases, screen protector and a new belt holster for me. Our wireless chargers work fine. We both kind try to get the charger centered we we put the phones on and the charge just as fast as our 11 Pros.

chopfinger

Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
Complete waste of time and more importantly, space? Or the next great Apple feature?

Personally, I have no use for it. I have the 12 Pro and will not be purchasing any mag safe chargers. The click on wallet seems like a complete fail based on it falling off when you pocket your device. Watching JerryRig take it apart and the magnets definitely take up space which, I assume, is why the battery size has been reduced from last year.

I would have much rather had a bigger battery.

How about you?

chopfinger

Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
I absolutely love it. However, it did wiggle and migrate in my pocket, and I did break my screen saver when it fell to the pavement. Then, I got this bright idea and machined out a rectangular hole into a rubber-plastic case. Now the mag-safe wallet fits snugly in its place and does not move at all. I store my driver’s license and Verizon credit card, and Medicare and insurance cards in this save. It is wonderful now; and so is the mag charger.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I absolutely love it. However, it did wiggle and migrate in my pocket, and I did break my screen saver when it fell to the pavement. Then, I got this bright idea and machined out a rectangular hole into a rubber-plastic case. Now the mag-safe wallet fits snugly in its place and does not move at all. I store my driver’s license and Verizon credit card, and Medicare and insurance cards in this save. It is wonderful now; and so is the mag charger.

How does the Magsafe charger fit into the wallet-hole?
Or do you have to take the case off before charging?
(P.S. just asking because I'm interested. For me, that solution would not work at all - it actually makes me cringe. But great that it works for you).

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
do you think mag-safe would work through a dskin or wrap? Id like to install a clear rear skin then use mag safe

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
It charges my phone much faster than anything else. Outside of that, it’s just a charger.

I actually got one at basically 60% of retail from a guy locally on Facebook Marketplace...so I could justify the expense. It’s pretty cool...but the battery life is so good on my 12 Pro Max, I’m still at 60% by the end of my work day, so it rarely gets used. It’s on my desk at work, just for an emergency...that’s never happened yet.

It’s just another charger.

jstnwlkr

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Do you have a template by chance? And is that for the apple magsafe wallet?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I ended up purchasing a Apple MagSafe charger and I like it. I am able to charge with my case on. It’s not as fast, but for overnight charging it’s great. It also works great with my AirPods.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have one.
I also got a cheap car vent mount for it and use the magnets of the MagSafe as a car holder.
As my battery last for almost 14 hours with intensively using it, I don’t need to use the MagSafe as a charger.
I love it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ToRaz