Should I trade in my iPhone 11 for an iPhone 13?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the iPhone 11, but I’m thinking about trading mine in for the 13. Should I do it or wait?

What enticing me in the 5G data versus the 4G (i’m currently on AT&T in oklahoma city, can you really care that much difference)

What also enticing me is the MagSafe. For the people that have the iPhone 12, do you guys use the mag safe battery pack, if so, is it too bulky in your pocket?

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 11 versus iPhone 13

That decision is all yours. Take a look at the iPhone 13 and decide if it’s for you. I don’t use MagSafe. Good luck.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

my aunt or uncle might take my 11. Is all I need to do is sign out of icloud & erase all settings

travis4380

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPhone 11 versus iPhone 13

do I need to take out my Sim card? They both have a iphone 7. do they need a new Sim card

I’m not totally sure. But don’t think they can use the sun cards from iPhone 7. They will need to goto thier carrier and get a new one when they activate it on their plan.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

do I need to take out my Sim card? They both have a iphone 7. do they need a new Sim card

Yes you will need to take out your nanoSIM card. You might need a new 5G nanoSIM (or eSIM) to have full 5G features. However, the 4G card should still provide minimal 5G service — unless there are some carrier restrictions.

Their iPhone 7 nanoSIM card should work in the iPhone 11 — unless there are some carrier restrictions.

Side note: I have been using the same nanoSIM since my iPhone 5 in 2012, and it still works in the iPhone 11 (on 4G).

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I have noticed on my iPhone 11 that I was planning on giving my aunt or uncle that currently have a iPhone 7 and iPhone 8, that on my iPhone 11 I have noticed that some text messages aren’t making the notification sound as I don’t know if it’s the service from AT&T because some are coming in just fine and others aren’t, and the breaking up of some people on the other end of the phone I have noticed.

What would you guys do

Last edited:

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site

it is probably not much of a upgrade going to a 13 from an 11 besides the form factor of the phone. I went from 11 pro max and upgraded to the 12 pro max. only because I have handed down my old device to my mom but I wasn't much of a difference. I feel iPhone 11 would be good for another couple years or so

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I just upgraded from an 11 promax to a 13 promax and I’m just gonna be honest here, I cannot tell the difference. Maybe that’s because I don’t use all the features that are available but in my normal every day use I cannot tell the difference.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I just upgraded from an 11 promax to a 13 promax and I’m just gonna be honest here, I cannot tell the difference. Maybe that’s because I don’t use all the features that are available but in my normal every day use I cannot tell the difference.

I also just ordered the 13 Pro Max coming from an 11 Pro Max because of the difference’s that the eye can’t see

Can’t wait for her to arrive

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

I had the 11PM and then the 12PM. I couldn’t tell a difference either. They do exactly the same thing exactly the same way. I’ve ordered a 13PM to replace the 12PM. I’m sure it will be pretty much exactly like the 12.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I had the 11PM and then the 12PM. I couldn’t tell a difference either. They do exactly the same thing exactly the same way. I’ve ordered a 13PM to replace the 12PM. I’m sure it will be pretty much exactly like the 12.

You will see a big difference in the 13. The pro motion and the cameras are awesome to boot and a much better device all around. A lot thought the 13 pro as a S upgrade but it’s not a lot of major changes.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I did the same thing. Called Apple today; canceled my 11 Pro Max trade-in and requested return authorization for the 13 Pro Max. Am taking it to my local Apple store tomorrow. Just wasn't worth the over $700 difference. I don't use all the bells and whistles on the 11 Pro Mac.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I traded my 11 Pro max for a 13 Pro and glad I did. I'm one that really uses the cameras though so for me it's a pretty solid upgrade, especially the ultra wide with better light sensitivity and Macro mode.

That pro motion screen is also smooooooth. I noticed it for sure. It's subtle but there. It's like when I moved from my Wife's old 10.5 iPad Pro to the current gen iPad Air which doesn't have it. I noticed that, and I notice the difference between the iPad Air animations/scrolling/etc and my new 13 Pro. However, especially if you've never experienced it before, you may not notice it or may notice "something is different" but not be able to say what.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Each iteration is slightly better. 5G is worth it, IMO. If you can get a 13 for the same price that you cab get a 12.then yes, get a 13. If you could save some money by getting a 12 and you don't have to have the very latest...by all means get a 12! I just bought a 12 Pro Max and I have 0 regrets about not getting a 13 Pro Max. Slightly better camera that I might not really notice? Slightly better speed that I'm sure I won't notice? Slightly better battery life? 5G is a worthy upgrade. The rest...hmmm.....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR