iPhone 12 Apple Cases

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Looking at the pics on Apple’s website it looks like the bottom of their cases are no longer open. I wonder if it’s something to do with the magnets for the MagSafe feature.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I think it is due to the shape and materials. The clear mag safe appears to be harder plastic. Having the bottom closed makes me more inclined to purchase one.

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
It is hard to tell. The new clear mag safe case looks open at the bottom.

The silicon ones have a front view picture. It could just be the photo angle I guess.
ac970efa6a72b63ef497d8cc79a5d3b1.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
They are all enclosed. If you look at the picture of the black clear case you can tell even from the back.

Side-note: The clear case with the view of the magnet is tasteless. I don’t come to expect an atrocity like that from Apple.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I’ve seen people online receiving their cases early. Looks like the clear cases still have the open bottom but the silicon ones are enclosed.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a clear case from China that cost me $1.70

I intend to cut a hole where the MagSafe puck is supposed to fit. That will make it easier to place the MagSafe and make the iPhone charge as fast as without a case. This because I don’t know how the thickness of the clear case will affect that.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I’m kind of bummed at what seems to be a reduction in Apple case options this year. I was hoping to have an Apple Leather and MagSafe Wallet back on release but that doesn’t appear to be an option right now. I ordered a leather case from Best Buy that should be here on release. But I was really hoping to have the MagSafe wallet back as well at least. Those look to be out to November/December. I guess I’m not really even sure if they are supposed to be released yet or if I was just late to the party in trying to buy one and orders are delayed now.

The Apple Leather cases don’t appear to be an option yet as I was only seeing the silicon options. I’ve never went with the silicon cases so I’m not sure how they are. I go with the Apple leather ones every year.

A_M_W

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
I’m kind of bummed at what seems to be a reduction in Apple case options this year. I was hoping to have an Apple Leather and MagSafe Wallet back on release but that doesn’t appear to be an option right now. I ordered a leather case from Best Buy that should be here on release. But I was really hoping to have the MagSafe wallet back as well at least. Those look to be out to November/December. I guess I’m not really even sure if they are supposed to be released yet or if I was just late to the party in trying to buy one and orders are delayed now.

The Apple Leather cases don’t appear to be an option yet as I was only seeing the silicon options. I’ve never went with the silicon cases so I’m not sure how they are. I go with the Apple leather ones every year.

The apple leather cases are coming out early November.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I’m going to pick up a clear case for my 12 Pro for starters.

Waiting to see what third party case makers come up with implementing MagSafe. I’ve never been a fan of Apples leather or silicon cases.

I know that Vaja is working on something for MagSafe (for the premium leather crowd); I doubt any of the big designers (LV, Gucci, Bottega Veneta, etc. will have anything for months for those who like to drop coin on something like that)

I’ve been using my 11 Pro case-less since around March/April when stay at home orders were in effect and haven’t had any issues, even with dropping it here and there.

Hopefully we get some premium bumper cases to protect the fingerprint-prone stainless steel sides and the corners of the phone, but keep it slim and show off the wonderful matte glass back!

joemontana57

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
I think I’m going to pick up a clear case for my 12 Pro for starters.

Waiting to see what third party case makers come up with implementing MagSafe. I’ve never been a fan of Apples leather or silicon cases.

I know that Vaja is working on something for MagSafe (for the premium leather crowd); I doubt any of the big designers (LV, Gucci, Bottega Veneta, etc. will have anything for months for those who like to drop coin on something like that)

I’ve been using my 11 Pro case-less since around March/April when stay at home orders were in effect and haven’t had any issues, even with dropping it here and there.

Hopefully we get some premium bumper cases to protect the fingerprint-prone stainless steel sides and the corners of the phone, but keep it slim and show off the wonderful matte glass back!
I just ordered an OtterBox figura case. They come in great colors! And they are mag safe!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a clear case from China that cost me $1.70

I intend to cut a hole where the MagSafe puck is supposed to fit. That will make it easier to place the MagSafe and make the iPhone charge as fast as without a case. This because I don’t know how the thickness of the clear case will affect that.

The Dutch Postal Service app said it would have been delivered to my mailbox on the 3rd. It’s the 7th now and still no sign of it.
Hopefully it will be delivered soon, otherwise I’m gonna walk around naked until I get one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77