Camera differences

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
So I’m deliberating between the pro and the 11. Now I’m seeing a bunch of reviews even the ones here that say the pro was the night king.

It was my understanding that the cameras were the same except the extra wide angle. Does the pro have a better night mode aside from the wider angle ability?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that review title is a little confusing. They should both have the same night mode performance. Also, the camera difference is that the Pro has the telephoto lens. Both Pro and 11 have the wide and ultra wide.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The only thing that maybe could make the Pro better at night is if they are pulling data from all available camera sensors to enhance the lighting. I don't know if they're doing that or just using one sensor at a time though.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that maybe could make the Pro better at night is if they are pulling data from all available camera sensors to enhance the lighting. I don't know if they're doing that or just using one sensor at a time though.

That is my concern. I see all these reviews of the pro that boast and show night pics but most reviews of the 11 are just talking about how it’s the same phone as the pro minus the extra lense and OLED screen.

Will In SF

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the 11 pro for the extra camera but I can’t justify the extra cost to myself. Don’t think I can ever spend over a thousand bucks for a phone. I am really excited for the ultra wide angle lens as I missed that on my XR after owning several LG phones with the wide.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the 11 pro for the extra camera but I can’t justify the extra cost to myself. Don’t think I can ever spend over a thousand bucks for a phone. I am really excited for the ultra wide angle lens as I missed that on my XR after owning several LG phones with the wide.

Yeah I’m with you. I don’t ever think I can justify spending that kind of money right now. I do like that back when I bought my 6s I payed $850 because I got the 128 model. The 11 would be $100 cheaper.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I’m with you. I don’t ever think I can justify spending that kind of money right now. I do like that back when I bought my 6s I payed $850 because I got the 128 model. The 11 would be $100 cheaper.

Honestly if it wasn't for the oled screen with HDR which the 11 can't match I would have very likely done the 11 instead of the pro. With the trade in from my X the price would have been very nice.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Honestly if it wasn't for the oled screen with HDR which the 11 can't match I would have very likely done the 11 instead of the pro. With the trade in from my X the price would have been very nice.

I’ve never been a screen buff so the lcd is good for me. I’m coming from a 6s so even your x would be an upgrade

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2