Does the iPad on Verizon require a two year contact to activate with a data plan?

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the iPad on Verizon require a two year contact to activate with a data plan?

Or can the data plan be dropped any time and the iPad used on wifi only?

Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it, but I don't know for certain. Call them up and ask.
Or visit the VZW web site... I think they may do pre-paid iPad service... T-Mobile has data only iPad plans that have a small amount of free data every month and an ability to pay as you go for more...

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I visited the website. It showed both a prepaid plan and data plan.
I can't tell if they require a two year contact for the data plan.

I'm asking for a friend that has an iPad on a data plan currently. But they never use the iPad.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If they buy it at a discounted price, it requires a contract for 2 years.
If they buy it a full price, then it does not require a contract.

If you are activating an existing (already purchased iPad), then the data plan can be added and dropped at will as needed.

nbomar1

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
When I bought my iPads from Verizon they didn't offer a subsidized plan for iPads. You had to pay the full retail costs. You could then turn the data on and off without the worry of a contract. I'm sure there are connection fees, but I have 4 company iPads on Verizon and none are on contract.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I think Verizon gives $100 off with a two year contract. Which is a rip off considering you will be paying $240 over the course of 2 years for Verizon to give you a $100 discount. And of course they have various "deals" when you purchase an iPhone and iPad together. How did the OP purchase their iPad? That will give the answer.