New ipad, couple questions

Dooki

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Got the 128 in rose gold. The last apple product I owned was the iPad 2, there might have been an iPod in there as well. Only kept it for a few days and traded it back for the note 10.1 which I still have. So my apple Fu is weak.

How do I get games to sync? I play Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and it won't log into my Google account, it will let me sync through Facebook but I don't have an account. The only options are disable game center or sync with Facebook.

The auto brightness doesn't work. I flipped the switch and it started working then stopped right away. Any tricks to get that working?

Are there any decent ad blockers? Between Samsung internet and Firefox I had forgotten just how bad many sites are.

What about keyboards? The stock is really bad, Gboard is just ok. Autocorrect on both suck.

Thanks for any help

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Got the 128 in rose gold. The last apple product I owned was the iPad 2, there might have been an iPod in there as well. Only kept it for a few days and traded it back for the note 10.1 which I still have. So my apple Fu is weak.

How do I get games to sync? I play Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and it won't log into my Google account, it will let me sync through Facebook but I don't have an account. The only options are disable game center or sync with Facebook.

The auto brightness doesn't work. I flipped the switch and it started working then stopped right away. Any tricks to get that working?

Are there any decent ad blockers? Between Samsung internet and Firefox I had forgotten just how bad many sites are.

What about keyboards? The stock is really bad, Gboard is just ok. Autocorrect on both suck.

Thanks for any help

1. Game syncing can depend on the game servers, as for your game in particular I’ve never played it so I’m not sure about the syncing for that one.

2. Auto brightness is weird, once you find it, disable it, re-enable it, never touch the brightness bar. If you manually adjust brightness with auto brightness on it’ll mess up the calibration and you’ll have to disable and re-enable it again. It relies on a sensor that’s up near the front facing camera, anything in between that sensor and the light will cause it to act weird.

3. I also use 1Blocker, 1BlockerX to be exact, on iOS.

4. I personally don’t mind the stock keyboard, and if I change away from it, it’s usually to Gboard or SwiftKey. WordFlow has some neat options too.

Dooki

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
1blocker worked great. Swiftkey is also a smooth keyboard and used it. Never did find a solution to syncing games without joining facebook.

Ended up returning it, it was about half a super nice tablet and the other half was just a fight to do anything with no workaround. And considering it force updated itunes and deleted all my playlists that I had been curating for years (about 25,000 songs) and was unable to recover them, we started off on a bad foot. A lot of other annoying things I didn't want to get over.

And whats with the gestures? It seems like they were ported straight from the iphone with no adjusting for screen size. But dang that smoothness. Android tablets have a long way to go to get them that nice feeling.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77