iBooks question

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have pdf's in my iBooks collection on my iPhone.
How can I get them onto my iPad as well?

I thought it would automatically sync but they are to on the iPad.
Any help would be great.

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
iBooks does not sync books between devices. What you will have to do is sync your iPhone with your computer via iTunes, then connect your iPad to your computer to sync. Goto your device in iTunes, and select the books section. There you can pick which books you want on the iPad and which you don't.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My books sync between my iPhone 4S and my iPad2.
Settings>iBooks>
Sync Bookmarks On
Sync Collections On
Show all Purchases On

Good Luck

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
My books sync between my iPhone 4S and my iPad2.
Settings>iBooks>
Sync Bookmarks On
Sync Collections On
Show all Purchases On

Good Luck

You ate correct but that is with iBooks 3.0 not earlier versions. And that is with purchased books from the iBooks Store. I don't know if it works with all books and PDFs regardless if where you got them from.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
You ate correct but that is with iBooks 3.0 not earlier versions. And that is with purchased books from the iBooks Store. I don't know if it works with all books and PDFs regardless if where you got them from.

Got it. Tks for the clarification Wyatt,

But as a side note, my books purchased from iBook store synced between devices on the previous version of iBooks as well.

Good Luck

Wyatt

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Got it. Tks for the clarification Wyatt,

But as a side note, my books purchased from iBook store synced between devices on the previous version of iBooks as well.

Good Luck

Yep, your right. Just checked my wife's iPhone running iBooks v2.2. So either it's non iBooks purchases or syncing isn't turned on.

red212

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same syncing problem but with iBooks for Mac.
I have technical manuals that I want on my iPad but can't find a way to sync from my iMac.
I've tested creating PDF files on both to see if it's a one way problem, but neither syncs to the other. I've been on the apple forums and checked the knowledgebase and my settings on both iPad and iMac are correct!

Any ideas??

PS: category titles have synced across but not content.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
riad1973