iPad2 Keeps Crashing. Just Started Yesterday 8/17/12

duramaxxed

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I Bought my iPad2 in October '11. It's been Working 100% up until Last Night.

I Tried to Use it Last Night, and in the Middle of Using an App, the iPad Rebooted. No Biggie it thought, so I Reopened the App and Continued to Use it...then it Crashed BIG TIME. It showed the Icons that I need to Plug into the Computer to iTunes. So I did that and it confirmed it totally Crashed and had to do a Restore. Well, an Hour Later after the Full Restore of all my Apps & Music it was Working again and fine for the rest of the Night.

Now Today, it was Working fine all day, then it Started Crashing ALOT. So much so that I couldn't even Use it. It would Crash, Restart, then I'd Use it for a few Minutes, Crash, Restart, ect...No matter what App I Use or go on Safari, it'll Crash.

I Plugged into the Computer, and I got a Message that it couldn't Sync, then a Backup could not be Completed. Unplugged, Replugged and everything Sync'd fine.

Now, I can't even Open any Apps, they just get to their Opening Screen, sit there, then Close.

It's never been Dropped, never got Wet, never had any "Abuse". I do Use it all Day long though, so could Using it like a Work-Horse have Burned up the HD in it?

It's not Jailbroken, never has been, and Running 5.1.1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you restored your iPad, did you restore it as new or did you restore from a backup? If the latter, I suggest that you connect it to your computer that's connected to the Internet, fire up the computer's iTunes app and after iTunes detect your iPad, select the restore option. This will cause iTunes to download a fresh copy of iOS 5.1.1 and install it. After the installation, I would set the device as new and re-download your apps. Of course, I am assuming you haven't already. ;). Also, how much available storage space do you have?

duramaxxed

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, it Restored to New. After it Totally Crashed, it was like I took the iPad outta the Box for the First Time and Turned it on, so I was Forced to Plug it into the Computer.

Then after it Installed the OS again, it Re-installed all my Music & Apps. One thing I did Notice though is that it had Trouble Installing the Angry Birds "Seasons" Game. I had to Install it Direct from the App Store.

There is 30.5 GB Avail...it's the 64 GB Version.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It appears that once you reset your device, you chose the option to restore from a recent backup which could mean that the cause of your problem could have also been restored. I was hoping that you'd restore your device as new, meaning that after iTunes reboots your device, you disconnect from iTunes and then set up your device as if you had just taken it out of the box for the very first time. Install all of your apps and games directly from the App Store and not from a backup. Everything should be freshly installed thereby eliminating any chance of restoring a defective app or faulty setting. Know what I mean?

duramaxxed

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Gotcha.

It's Working fine now. It's Weird, it only Crashes at Night.

But if it starts Crashing, I'll try what you say and totally Start from Scratch.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, great. Thanks for the update. Also, if you end up resetting as new, remember that your already purchased and downloaded apps and music will be readily available to download from the "purchased" section of the App Store app and the iTunes app. You do not have to re-purchase anything. Anyway, take care and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

duramaxxed

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, everything was Working Fine on the iPad Yesterday. No Crashes at all, I Figured it Fixed itself.

Today I got a Crash, so I Plugged into the Computer, Wiped everything, Set it up as New, Transferred my Music On, and Started Downloading my Apps Direct from the App Store.

Everything was going good, then it Crashed and Rebooted.

Now what? Take it in to be Checked out?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, everything was Working Fine on the iPad Yesterday. No Crashes at all, I Figured it Fixed itself.

Today I got a Crash, so I Plugged into the Computer, Wiped everything, Set it up as New, Transferred my Music On, and Started Downloading my Apps Direct from the App Store.

Everything was going good, then it Crashed and Rebooted.

Now what? Take it in to be Checked out?

Yes. If you've reset your device as new and it still crashes, either you've got a faulty app or a possible mechanical problem. Do you have any suspect apps? Are you low on storage space?

duramaxxed

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It First Started to Crash on the "Fairway Solitaire" App. The Game would just Close Randomly, and I'd have to Restart it.

Now before, when I was Loading Apps from the Store, when it Crashed after the Restore to New, I think that same Game was Trying to Download.

I have now Deleted it from the iPad while I Download the rest of my Apps again.

Even when I am Fully Loaded with everything I have on the iPad, I still have 30.5 GB Avail.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh okay. When you're done re-installing all of your apps, reboot your device. Hopefully, with the Solitaire app gone, your device will no longer crash.

niyati sanghavi

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
i brought an ipad 2 in july'11.from yesterday it has started crashing.it shuts down and restarts itself after every 2minutes.its very annoying.can you please tell me how to fix it?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2