AT&T or Verizon LTE? Which One is Better?

bornslacker

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't really care which carrier I go through for my iPad. Changing carriers on your phone is a bit of a pain, but on the iPad, it's month to month.

I'm going to be ordering the new iPad 3, but which carrier should I go with?

I live in Dallas, TX. They have LTE for both carriers where I live. Does anyone know who the networks compare? I've watched videos on youtube comparing and it's about a 50/50 split.

Can anyone advise on which one is the better network to go with?

Also, does anyone know what the pricing is going to be?

bornslacker

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't really leave DFW all that often, so that's not that much of an issue for me. Plus, I know it's just a matter of time until AT&T catches up.

Any idea which one is faster generally or are they about the same?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Depends on the area and network conditions. Also, for now there are far fewer customers on AT&T's LTE network so you could enjoy wide open lanes for a little while before everyone else jumps on board.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm hearing AT&T is faster. Probably depends on area.

I keep hearing Verizon toting that they are faster? OP I think Verizon because they have LTE in more places regardless it will be fast on either one.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

bornslacker

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought I remember reading somewhere that AT&T's LTE wasn't "real" LTE, that it's some sort of doped up HSPA+ and therefore couldn't really compete with Verizon's "real" LTE. Anyone heard anything about that?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
It's LTE; but they also call their HSPA+ network "4G". They call their new one "4G LTE". Nothing fake about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2