Verizon VS AT&T (vs Sprint?)

tadnishida

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
All 3 work pretty well in my area so that is not much of an issue.

Verizon used to show a 1 Gig plan is that still around? Does the AT&T ipad get AT&T mobile hot spot access? Does the GPS work the same on both networks? Will Sprint even get the ipad 2 and what will the data rate be?

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is good but more expensive. The AT&T network seems to be great but the customer service kinda sucks. Sprint has ok service and the customer service is getting better. The call center for tech support for the iPhone will be based in Tulsa ok and it is a great call center and to my opinion the best tech center sprint has.

I'm with AT&T just made the switch in August because the sprint network coverage was bad in my area.

Oh yeah only bad thin with sprint I ha was the additional third party services that would appear on my bill like $9.99 each and I didn't know what they were.

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

SteveW928

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Another thing you might want to consider if you don't need the cellular built into the iPad (and if you are having trouble deciding) is to get a device like a MiFi, which provides wifi from a little cell-phone sized unit... or get a cell phone and use tethering. That way your iPad isn't tied (in a built-in way) to some particular provider. You can also use it with other wifi devices.

The big advantage is that if you want to switch providers or a new network with higher speed becomes available, you can switch and don't have to get a new iPad (and other devices) to take advantage of it. I guess the downside is that you have another device to pack, but it's pretty small (and if you did the tethered phone, you'd probably want a phone along anyway).

tadnishida

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Another thing you might want to consider if you don't need the cellular built into the iPad (and if you are having trouble deciding) is to get a device like a MiFi, which provides wifi from a little cell-phone sized unit... or get a cell phone and use tethering. That way your iPad isn't tied (in a built-in way) to some particular provider. You can also use it with other wifi devices.

The big advantage is that if you want to switch providers or a new network with higher speed becomes available, you can switch and don't have to get a new iPad (and other devices) to take advantage of it. I guess the downside is that you have another device to pack, but it's pretty small (and if you did the tethered phone, you'd probably want a phone along anyway).

I have had an Virgin Mobile MiFi to go with my ipad 1. For the ipad 2 I am add cellular more for the GPS than the service. But on the few time a year I want data anywhere I want to have the best service. From what I have researched I think I will go with AT&T. Now if the ipad2 would just get Siri....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have had an Virgin Mobile MiFi to go with my ipad 1. For the ipad 2 I am add cellular more for the GPS than the service. But on the few time a year I want data anywhere I want to have the best service. From what I have researched I think I will go with AT&T. Now if the ipad2 would just get Siri....

You can do GPS on wifi only iPads with the addition of a bluetooth gps puck, or - a BadElf dongle that plugs into the iPad 30-pin port. Either will give a wifi iPad the same GPS capabilities as an iPad with 3G... as long as you use apps that don't require data to download maps on the fly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2