HDMI iPad 2 to TV

millerke#IM

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am a first time iPad owner with my recent purchase of an iPad 2. I am very very very happy with it! I also purchased the HDMI AV cable they sell at the Apple store. I plugged in my ipad to stream netflix and i noticed the video settings changed automatically. However, nothing appeared on the TV. Then tried to play a movie from iTunes and it said, "Your output device can't support protected content." I'm sure I'm missing something.

Any and all help is appreciated!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am a first time iPad owner with my recent purchase of an iPad 2. I am very very very happy with it! I also purchased the HDMI AV cable they sell at the Apple store. I plugged in my ipad to stream netflix and i noticed the video settings changed automatically. However, nothing appeared on the TV. Then tried to play a movie from iTunes and it said, "Your output device can't support protected content." I'm sure I'm missing something.

Any and all help is appreciated!
Got to Settings, General, About, Version and ensure that it is 4.3.2.

HDMI is supposed to mirror whatever is displayed, including, but not restricted to "protected content." Sounds like you are not displaying anything.

I will plug in my cable and report on my results.

Reactions: millerke#IM

millerke#IM

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Got to Settings, General, About, Version and ensure that it is 4.3.2.

HDMI is supposed to mirror whatever is displayed, including, but not restricted to "protected content." Sounds like you are not displaying anything.

I will plug in my cable and report on my results.

Thank you for your quick response! I am on version 4.3.2. Yeah...I am unable to see anything on the screen. I have experience plugging my laptop in and that has always worked.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue with NETFLIX with the HDMI doggle adapter. I just did a reset (hold power and home button until iPad turns off) then I plugged the adapter into the iPad-connected HDMI cord to iPad-started netflix and the screen turned red and the video popped up on the screen.

Reactions: millerke#IM

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2