Tried iPad mini LCD repair, backlight working but no image. Can I get some help please?

sasl0kk

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Tried iPad mini LCD repair, Backlight working but no image

Tried ipad mini lcd digitizer glass replacement and probably succeeded BUT

When I put the LCD in, there is no image, just the backlight. I know it's the lcds fault, since the previous lcd still shows part of image.

I tested the LCD before and it worked just fine, but i unplugged it (with battery connected) :( and next time it didn't work.

Anyone has any idea, what's going on/what's broken?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tried iPad mini LCD repair, Backlight working but no image

Hi there and welcome to iMore.

I've never attempted to replace anything in any of my Apple Devices for a few reasons, I don't feel comfortable doing so and there are no user serviceable parts inside. That being said, there are a number of folks, like your good self, who do feel comfortable doing this sort of work.

Does the digitiser have a pin connector? If so, have you checked to make sure none of the pins have been inadvertently bent? Your old digitiser still functions, albeit in a broken state but he new one doesn't function at all?

My only real suggestion would be to approach the people you bought the new digitiser from and ask for a replacement as the one you have is faulty.

We hear so many horror stories of things going wrong that I personally just would not attempt anything like this. I understand and appreciate the cost factors involved and why folks do it, I am just risk averse to this sort of thing.

Bigmeandog

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Tried iPad mini LCD repair, Backlight working but no image

I'm seeing nearly the same thing as described above. Replaced a cracked LCD, and the backlight works but screen is extremely dark with only backlight viewable on the edges. I thought maybe I had purchased a bad LCD, but the next one I tried has same issue. One forum I read suggested a firmware update through Itunes, but thats not possible unless I can unlock the Ipad, and I can't read the screen to do that. I'm stuck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2