email page frozen

superelegant

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello
I am new to my mini Ipad and indeed to Apple products. My Ipad works fine, except when I click on the email icon on the home page. My messages come up, but the page is frozen. If I go direct to my server via Safari, there is no problem. How do I "unfreeze" the icon page?
Thank you
PS The page in question worked fine for two weeks before this problem appeared.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting your iPad Mini? Have you tried clearing out the list of most recently used apps?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your response. And no i have not tried that. Can you explain simply how I do that please?
Many thanks

You can either turn off your iPad Mini completely, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on or simultaneously press and hold both the home button and power button until you see the Apple logo. As for clearing out the list of frequently used apps, double click on home button. When you see the list of apps, press and hold one of them until they all start to jiggle. Now tap on the red circle with the minus sign inside on each app listed and then click the home button to close. That's it...:)

Nicole Odom

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I am having the same problem with my email on my ipad mini. Tried reading an email months ago, when it pulled up the email it froze and has been stuck ever since. When I click the email icon, the old email comes up, only the body of message is blank but it still has the reply, compose, file, icons at the top. I have closed the app in the task tray, I've powered off/on, restarted NUMEROUS times, nothing seems to work. I've been having to check email in my broswer and that's getting old quick. The email app wont let me close the message, go back to inbox, nothing. Just comes up with the blank page with the little icons at top and to close it I push home button. Any ideas?

Nicole Odom

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Forgot to mention,the email app is still keeping count of how many emails come in although I cannot see them. Everytime I get an email, the sound notification goes off the the red alert bubble with the number of emails on the icon increases with each email. Weird.

ronan3819

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem with my iphone 6. I have tried rebooting and force quitting and it is still frozen. I have also tried deleting my account and resubmitting it.

I have a gmail app so i am still able to view my emails but I like the apple mail app better.

ronan3819

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same issue on my iphone 6. I have done everything from resetting my phone to deleting my account and adding it back. I have a gmail app so I am able to get my emails conveniently however, I like the apple mail app better.

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue please let me know. I am going to take my phone to an apple store in a few days and see if they have any ideas. I will post the fix if they know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2