Mini shipped with iOs 5

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
warning all - i've been setting up new mini. partway through rearranging icons, the noticefor update to iOs 6 flashed on the screen. before you get too far in setup -- OR if you try to restore from a backup made in iOs 6 (which is not recognized by iOs 5), do the update first!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine came with 6.0, the notifier was for the update to 6.0.1

My guess is this is what the OP saw... I'm relatively certain iPad minis did not go into production until well after iOS6 was released, so iOS5 coming on a mini seems unlikely.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
warning all - i've been setting up new mini. partway through rearranging icons, the noticefor update to iOs 6 flashed on the screen. before you get too far in setup -- OR if you try to restore from a backup made in iOs 6 (which is not recognized by iOs 5), do the update first!

That’s simply not possible. iOS 6 was released long before the iPad Mini was announced... are you sure you didn’t just see the notice to upgrade to 6.0.1, which was just released earlier this week?

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is this is what the OP saw... I'm relatively certain iPad minis did not go into production until well after iOS6 was released, so iOS5 coming on a mini seems unlikely.

Oops... I see that once again, I’m late to the party. :)

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Yes, everyone, I missed the iOs 6.1 notice until Mini- was not aware and had not received notice in iPhone 5 despite connecting it iTunes daily. That and whenI recently had service replacement of iPad3, it did come with iOs 5!that needed update.

It seemed impossible for mini to ship w/'older OS, but in hurry to connect dots, I jumped to that conclusion. Thanks for clearing up, all- sorry about my mistake!

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I know a fella in the woods who's mini shipped with iOS 3.03 whaaaaaaaaat'!!!!!! I'm just saying

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2