iPad Air power issues

JoshSMFX

May 30, 2018
Visit site
I have an iPad air that seems to have some power issues. The battery fully drains from 100% charge in less than an hour with no background apps running. It then charges up to 100% just as quickly. Sometimes it will crash at random then will show the low battery sign when I try to boot it. When plugged in after crashing, it will sometimes boot instantly and show the battery at a relatively high percentage, and other times take a very long time to turn back on, but will show a battery level of 25-30% when it does turn on. It is now at the point where it still drains even when plugged in, unless the screen is turned off. I have tried cycling the battery several times, tried a full factory restore, a new battery. The motherboard doesn't seem to be overheating at all through all of this. Nothing has fixed this issue. I'm thinking it might be an issue with the power controller, and maybe a reflow will fix it. But I'm not sure. Does anyone else have any ideas before I give this a go?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad air that seems to have some power issues. The battery fully drains from 100% charge in less than an hour with no background apps running. It then charges up to 100% just as quickly. Sometimes it will crash at random then will show the low battery sign when I try to boot it. When plugged in after crashing, it will sometimes boot instantly and show the battery at a relatively high percentage, and other times take a very long time to turn back on, but will show a battery level of 25-30% when it does turn on. It is now at the point where it still drains even when plugged in, unless the screen is turned off. I have tried cycling the battery several times, tried a full factory restore, a new battery. The motherboard doesn't seem to be overheating at all through all of this. Nothing has fixed this issue. I'm thinking it might be an issue with the power controller, and maybe a reflow will fix it. But I'm not sure. Does anyone else have any ideas before I give this a go?

More than likely, you need to replace the battery in the device. I use an iPad Air for work and I can darn near go an entire work shift on a single charge, and the only time my screen is shut off/sleep mode is when I'm either at lunch or in a meeting in which no computers, smartphone, etcetera are allowed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2