Charging problem

G Rankin

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
I have recently tried to charge my iPad

It lights up when I plug in charger but it won't charge there is no charge sign to indicate charging

It will not go past 3%

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

It lights up when I plug in charger but it won't charge there is no charge sign to indicate charging

It will not go past 3%

Make sure there is no lint in charging port of the iPad.
In case there is something in it, use a plastic or wooden toothpick and try to remove it gently. If you’re worried about breaking it, go to the AppleStore and have them do it for you, it’s free of charge.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It will not go past 3%

If the battery was completely drained, it’s not uncommon for the device to take longer than normal to recharge. Keep the device powered off and let it charge for a couple of hours.

G Rankin

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
I can't see the lighning charge sign beside the 3% it took 5 hours to get to 5% it will not charge any further

Maybe the port is faulty

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't see the lighning charge sign beside the 3% it took 5 hours to get to 5% it will not charge any further

Maybe the port is faulty

Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have it diagnosed. That is my recommendation...

G Rankin

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
It's the charger port that's the problem

Is the motherboard and charge port all one unit or is it two pieces connected together

I plan to get a faulty iPad on eBay with a a good charge port and swap motherboard around

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2