if I reset the erase and clear data on my iPad will it get rid of my unwanted iBooks?

tammy337

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
My son has an iPad issued by school. He gets one every year. He uses my acct info. So when we entered the info into his iPad my books came up. I reset and cleared and erased all data to get rid of it. I then got him his own email and Apple iTunes account so we do no share info. Will this help in the future. Every year they get the same iPad but have to reset up everything again. I just don't want anything to be permentally in the iPad.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My son has an iPad issued by school. He gets one every year. He uses my acct info. So when we entered the info into his iPad my books came up. I reset and cleared and erased all data to get rid of it. I then got him his own email and Apple iTunes account so we do no share info. Will this help in the future. Every year they get the same iPad but have to reset up everything again. I just don't want anything to be permentally in the iPad.

Not sure what exactly you are looking for, but since you set him up with his own Apple ID, the only things that will show up will be the apps he purchases/downloads, none of your information will be on the iPad.

tammy337

Aug 13, 2017
Visit site
Every year they are given an iPad to use for school work. At the end of the year they return them. The school resets all iPad like they are brand new. When school starts again they are given back their iPad as if they are new. The kids have to turn them on and go thru the process of starting from scratch. Get the wifi going then enter Apple ids and password. I just would never want him to get in trouble if my information was permentally on the iPad. I guess I wanted to make sure that by resetting and then clearing and erasing data would take care of this? I did this when my books came up on his iPad. The school will do it at the end of the school year when they return iPads so they are ready for the following school year.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Every year they are given an iPad to use for school work. At the end of the year they return them. The school resets all iPad like they are brand new. When school starts again they are given back their iPad as if they are new. The kids have to turn them on and go thru the process of starting from scratch. Get the wifi going then enter Apple ids and password. I just would never want him to get in trouble if my information was permentally on the iPad. I guess I wanted to make sure that by resetting and then clearing and erasing data would take care of this? I did this when my books came up on his iPad. The school will do it at the end of the school year when they return iPads so they are ready for the following school year.

Yes factory resetting and erasing all data will do that (make sure to log out of the apple ID).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2