iPad air 2 bent and was not noticed for months.

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
My iPad warrantee resently expired and I did not notice it was slightly bent due to case being on it constantly. After calling apple I got appointment 1 week away at an apple store. When i finally got to see staff I was told it wold cost me $380.00. I have purchased a number of items from apple since 2001. From the original iMac, numerous iPods, Iphones, Iwatch, Ipads and even beats headphones. I consider myself and my family loyal apple customers and fans but now after being treats like a cash machine I have lost all respect for this money hungry multinational. I will not purchase anything from apple corperation again. I noticed samasung has a walk up store where all issues are addressed asap. I expect convienence if a product I purchase has an issue. I don't expect to call, wait 1 week prepare unit by backing up and wiping only to attend and be told it's going to cost me. I hope others do not experience the ridicules treatment I have resently suffered. God bless.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Rediculous treatment? Hardly. Apple appears to have lived up to their obligations under their warranty...

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
When you wreck your car, go back to a dealer and see if they fix it for free. If they do please share what manufacturer it is so we can all buy that car. You're mad because a device you bought that is out of warranty has a bend in it due to the way you stored it and the manufacturer wont give you a new one? Put it back in the case you bought and quit cryin!!!!!!!!!

mrjayviper

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the others. bent = physical damage. most likely sit on. why would any company actually repair it for free? Samsung in my country has worse after sales service compared to Apple.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you're trying to claim that Samsung's customer service is better than Apple's you're kidding yourself. Samsung has a very consistent reputation for having terrible customer support. I've experienced it myself; it sucks.

Now, regarding your physically damaged, out of warranty iPad....Why exactly would you expect Apple to replace it? How is it Apple's fault that it got bent? I've owned six different iPads from the original to the 12.9" Pro I'm using to type this response and I've never had one bend. My kids have put them through the wringer and they've always been up to the challenge.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
You don't have a good argument here. It went past the warranty period and now you are out of luck. I don't believe it is Apple's fault. They are a business, you can't expect them to go around replacing things after the factory warranty period for free otherwise they wouldn't be in business long.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I love entitlement. LOL.

Lol. This is the world we live in now.

OP is in for a surprise when he gets out of his dream world and starts to live in the real world.

I bet OP complains when he buys a car then 30k miles after owning it, would complain about not getting free tires to replace worn out tires because he bought a car and should be entitled to a replacement.