How does Mom delete her Inbox (accidentally)

Cindy theHiker

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
My 85 year old Mom is fumbling with her new iPad. Unfortunately there is no one living close enough to pop in and help her regularly, so she gets it in really bad states and my sister and I are struggling to help her remotely. (She's so confused - even after 2 weeks of hands-on training before she was left alone with it.)

We will probably figure out how to restore her Inbox, eventually (still haven't because we can't walk her through much over the phone), but even when we do, I'd like to know what she did to delete it so we can help her avoid that kind of mistake in the future.

I have an iPad that I seldom use now that I have an iPhone, so I'm ready to set it up as a test platform (won't care if I mess it up). Can anyone give me any pointers on what I might do to delete the inbox that an 85 year old newbie might do to her iPad to get it into that state? And once I do, how do I get it back?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I wish I had an answer for you. My only thought is she pressed long enough (thinking she needed to keep it pressed until it opened) for the circle with an "X" to show up in the corner of the icon; then since still hadn't come up after several seconds, she tried pushing again -- this time hitting the "x" to delete the app.

Hopefully someone might chime in that has a better idea, particularly of how to set it up to keep her from making the same mistake. I'm guessing there is no Apple Store where your mother is, or that she can't get to it easily? If you bought AppleCare+, the free two years of phone support might be helpful in situations like this; particularly if you have create a good backup of her iPad and save it (along with the information to have Apple Support walk her through restoring the iPad).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you say delete the inbox, do you mean the emails in the inbox? If so, there's no way to delete all mail at one time on iOS Mail. She may have sent it to trash. But it would would have been each email at a time. Or she marked each email, then trashed. Look in her trash folder.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I’m thinking you mean this. This is how she did it. You can also re download it from App Store. If this is what you mean.

816eb47663a6dcbb2e85e298134dc0a1.jpg

9bf44f82a9ef4fe79865acf4ded37975.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2