Not enough memory message.

PilotPhil81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to download NOVA 3 on my iPad 3. The app is 1.5GB and I had 1.6 of free space on my iPad, but the app wouldn't load. It said not enough free space. So I deleted a few apps that I didn't use. So then I was left with 2.0gb of free space, but it still said "Not Enough Free Space". So at this pint I am getting frustrated. So now I delete modern combat 3 and a few other, and now I have 4.8GB of free space, but still it says "Not Enough Free Space." I am getting pissed off now. I am getting ready to throw this iPad into the wall. I need help before I make a $600 mistake.

Smokeyspop

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem with space mysteriously disappearing and tried everything to resolve. Unfortunately, it turned out that the only way to fix it was to do a complete and total restore to factory settings and start fresh. This meant loading everything from scratch. The downside was that it took forever to backup and/or make notes of how every little thing was setup. The upside, however, was that I got all of my storage back, was able to properly use iCloud, and I even got rid of (didn't reload) a bunch of things I never used!

Good luck fixing your issue. Make sure you back up everything (send yourself copies of things you can't actually backup).