how to connect 2 ipads to verizon w 1 e-mail and 2 data plansl?

Drew B

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Have two new iPads with Verizon wireless 4G on them. We only have one e-m account. I want to activate them with Verizon and have them basically connected to 4G but using the same e-mail account for both with two separate data plans. Verizon says i need two e-mail addresses. They are separate iPAD's - anyone know how I can register them using same e-mail?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something, why would you need 2 email addresses? Can you not configure the same email account when you setup email on each device? It is no different than me configuring iCloud on my iPhone and configuring the same iCloud account in my iPad.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can use the same email account with 2 iPads. You could always set up a Gmail account and use that email address for the second iPad.

Sent from my 4G iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you can use the same email account with 2 iPads. You could always set up a Gmail account and use that email address for the second iPad.

Why not? On the surface, I just don't see the rationale. If I owned 2 iPads, one to be used primarily for work and the other for home use, you mean to tell me that I cannot configure them both to check my personal email account?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Why not? On the surface, I just don't see the rationale. If I owned 2 iPads, one to be used primarily for work and the other for home use, you mean to tell me that I cannot configure them both to check my personal email account?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

I took his post to mean Verizon wants the email address in order to set up 2 different accounts for the iPads. If it is their policy to have only one email per account then there is no getting around that. Absolutely one can have the same emails going to two different iDevices, as I have all of my emails going to my New iPad and my iPhone 4S .

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I took his post to mean Verizon wants the email address in order to set up 2 different accounts for the iPads. If it is their policy to have only one email per account then there is no getting around that. Absolutely one can have the same emails going to two different iDevices, as I have all of my emails going to my New iPad and my iPhone 4S .

Oh. Okay. Thank you. ;)

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
... We only have one e-m account... anyone know how I can register them using same e-mail?

I'm kind of having trouble working my head around only having one email yet owning two ipads with a data plan and having any kind of problem.

With it being 2012 and all, you'd think that everyone would be well past the whole single-email-address issue. Heck, even my techonophobe wife - who pretty much shuns all things electronic - has multiple emails to keep things straight and organized.

At Verizon, your ipad account is tied to your username. You can't merge two ipads into one account. Aside from the account issues that it might cause, I can see situations with the "You've used up 90% of the data on your iPad" and trying to figure out which ipad they're talking about.

Live a little, and get another email address.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of having trouble working my head around only having one email yet owning two ipads with a data plan and having any kind of problem.

With it being 2012 and all, you'd think that everyone would be well past the whole single-email-address issue. Heck, even my techonophobe wife - who pretty much shuns all things electronic - has multiple emails to keep things straight and organized.

At Verizon, your ipad account is tied to your username. You can't merge two ipads into one account. Aside from the account issues that it might cause, I can see situations with the "You've used up 90% of the data on your iPad" and trying to figure out which ipad they're talking about.

Live a little, and get another email address.

I have not checked the Verizon website nor do I have two iPads so forgive me for asking, but are you saying that I cannot purchase two iPads under 1 account and get a 10GB "shared" data plan, for example?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2