anyone with screen issues?

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
My new iPad had something under the screen that looked like dust or dirt. Apparently I'm not the only one, another guy here in Hawaii had the same issue. The Royal Hawaiian store promptly replaced it.

Just curious if anyone else had issues.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My new iPad had something under the screen that looked like dust or dirt. Apparently I'm not the only one, another guy here in Hawaii had the same issue. The Royal Hawaiian store promptly replaced it.

Just curious if anyone else had issues.

No problem.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
mine looks like the backlight is uneven. the left side of the display seems a tiny bit darker than the right regardless of the overall brightness level. toying with the idea of bringing it to the Apple store to show the genius bar.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Cool Blue screen here with absolutely no issues at all.... OP, take you iPad into Apple, they will look at it and should swap it out for you.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad using Tapatalk.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Cool Blue screen here with absolutely no issues at all.... OP, take you iPad into Apple, they will look at it and should swap it out for you.

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad using Tapatalk.

Oh I did. I was at an apple store less the 45min with a replacement

the.O

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought two (LTE VZW in white 32gb & 64 gb) from my local Best Buy. My first 64gb came out of the box slightly damaged (scuffs and scratches on the aluminum). I quickly brought it back for an exchange and they obliged. However, when I got home and tried to set up the "new" one, I noticed that the top of the screen (in portrait) seemed to be "warmer" or yellower than the top. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, so I compared the 64 and 32 side-by-side. Took it to Best Buy today and the first person I talked to said he couldn't tell and looked at me "you're kidding right", but the lady at customer service said she'd exchange it out again, BUT they don't have any in stock. SUCKS! She said that I should keep checking in to see if they restocked, but isn't sure when that'll be, as long as I do it within 45 days.

Any similar problems/defects with others' displays?
Will Apple swap it out even though I bought it from Best Buy and still within the refund period?

Thanks in advance for any input/advice...

the.O

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
mine looks like the backlight is uneven. the left side of the display seems a tiny bit darker than the right regardless of the overall brightness level. toying with the idea of bringing it to the Apple store to show the genius bar.
did you buy it from the apple store? I think I have the same problem, but got mine at Best Buy...

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Anybody think that scrolling seems jumper, not as smooth as iPad 2? Seems worst in the face book app, less in Twitter, but exists to a small degree in Safari. Mayb sim only really noticing it now cause this screen is so awesome it's hard to take your eyes of of...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Anybody think that scrolling seems jumper, not as smooth as iPad 2? Seems worst in the face book app, less in Twitter, but exists to a small degree in Safari. Mayb sim only really noticing it now cause this screen is so awesome it's hard to take your eyes of of...

Nope. And if you are having a issue like that it's doubtful it is a screen issue if it's only effecting certain apps more than others.

LyndaP

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Nope, mine is perfect - and I've examined it very carefully. Sure glad, because the nearest Apple store is over 2 hours away.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
did you buy it from the apple store? I think I have the same problem, but got mine at Best Buy...

I pre-ordered from Apple online and had it shipped. I have an appointment on Sunday at the genius bar to have them take a look. it's really apparent to me when looking at webpages or reading books with a white or light colored background.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
That it is...is Tapatalk HD worth the upgrade?

Sent from my "new" iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry, I didn't see this post earlier. Yes, Tapatalk HD is definitely worth upgrading to on the iPad 3. :)

Sent from my LTE iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2