how much memory does the new ipad have?

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find this info anywhere even under the specs sheet on apple.com unless I've missed something.. anyone has an idea?
thanks

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
"supposedly" is the keyword here. why didnt apple mention it in the specs? 512mb ram is the main culprit why safari reloads tabs and crashes when many apps are open at the same time. this is really annoying to see on my ipad 2 I was hoping apple would at least install 1gb for normal multitasking operations.

Ravynmagi#IM

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't it the guy from Epic that said the iPad 3 has more memory than the PS3 and Xbox 360, and those have 512MB. So it sounds like this should have 1GB. I'd be a bit surprised if it was less.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
They don't see it as a talking point as they get more out of 512mb then most other tablet makers get out of 1gb.

agree, partially. however it would be really great if they'd address safari issue somehow... which leads us back to the main question.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
agree, partially. however it would be really great if they'd address safari issue somehow... which leads us back to the main question.

Don't get wrong, I want more ram, more pixels, more, more, more ............. when it comes to my tech, never hurts to have more! But it's just apples policy not to talk of such petty things! ha.

Anyways, with the retina display in play, I've read it's almost a lock for 1gb, as it would need that to run 2048?1536 properly.

But until iFixit does a tear-down, all memory talk is going to be speculation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77