16gb OR 32gb?

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Wondering out loud which one to get? Suggestions or advice?

I pre-ordered a 16gb.

With all the media streaming and cloud services, along with my iPhone acting as my iPod, 16gb was more then enough for me on the ipad 2. I assume it'll be much of the same with the ipad 3

AugustArborists

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
My philosophy is buy the most capacity, be it a truck, chain saw, snow plow, or tablet. My 64GB PlayBook still has 40GB available, so I think I've got some room. Of course, that would change if we had as many apps as you do, but it is what it is.

I don't have much experience with iCloud, but I'm here to learn.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My philosophy is buy the most capacity, be it a truck, chain saw, snow plow, or tablet. My 64GB PlayBook still has 40GB available, so I think I've got some room. Of course, that would change if we had as many apps as you do, but it is what it is.

I don't have much experience with iCloud, but I'm here to learn.

Agree.................

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
HD content will just take up that much more room... apps, high res pics, movies, games, aren't getting any smaller... buy the most capacity you can afford right now

irie

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
16GB for me. I currently have the 16GB iPad2 and that's plenty of storage I don't really store music on it and I have Dropbox, box.net and plenty of other online storage to keep me happy.

Reactions: ilovebarolo

jaybree

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
for my iPads, I always go for the lowest storage. 16GB that is - it's even huge for my use anyway. I only max out on my iPhone. I currently have the 64GB iPhone.

It depends upon preference though. I have a friend who does the opposite. That's how I do it probably because I have more music which I like storing on the iPhone than the iPad.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I still have trouble filling my iPhone with 16GB's I still have over 150 apps and music and photos.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

Link

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
for my iPads, I always go for the lowest storage. 16GB that is - it's even huge for my use anyway. I only max out on my iPhone. I currently have the 64GB iPhone.

It depends upon preference though. I have a friend who does the opposite. That's how I do it probably because I have more music which I like storing on the iPhone than the iPad.

I paid $729 for an AT&T 32GB iPad when they came out in 2010. I have never filled it up and only transfer movies form iTunes to the iPad as I want to watch them. I think I'll go with the 16GB this time because I don't want to spend more than $500 considering a new model will be out in another year. I might also get the Apple Care Plus Plan for $99 since it includes accidental coverage now.

henrymagnusrex

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I go with 16. I had a 32 once, but never used the extra space. Because I stream pretty much all of my media, the only thing taking up space are the big apps.

16GB iPad + Air Video + iTunes Match (or any music streaming software) + Pogoplug = everything I need or want.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I went 32. Thats what i have now with the 1 I have a bunch of magazines and newspapers. That seems to take up a lot. Would rather have more space and not need than not enough. For the extra $100 it's worth it to me.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I went 32. Thats what i have now with the 1 I have a bunch of magazines and newspapers. That seems to take up a lot. Would rather have more space and not need than not enough. For the extra $100 it's worth it to me.

Agree with the 32GB for the extra $100.00

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
For the first time, I'm going 32GB for the new iPad. Sixteen gigs fills up rather quickly on my iPhone, I cant even imagine how fast that will fill up on a retina display iPad!

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
You can stream about almost anything to the ipad, i felt like no need of such a large GB. Save the money for accessories.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i have a 32 now, so stepped up to a 64... i figure with the higher res, more space will be needed (especially 1080p movies)... streaming is great... if traveling, can't always guarantee a fast connection, and streaming over cellular will just blow through the limits...

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I went 32 because I am WiFi only so may need to carry content for times when I can't reach the cloud. If I had LTE, I think I'd go 16 and just access from the cloud.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a 16gb iPad2 now and I'm finding that a lot of the games I like are a bit on the large side (Order & Chaos + 1gb, couple of 500mb+ games..). I opted for the 64gb "new iPad" this time because I don't want to hit the ceiling when I start messing around with 1080p video editing, etc.

Err on the side of caution for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2