16gb OR 32gb?

Fokas914

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the 16gb but then I decided to go for the 32gb!! I am excited to get it I can hardly wait! Come on march 16!!!!!!

abdnach

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the 64GB :cool: even though my touchpad was 32GB. I figured you can never have enough memory on a device with such a high resolution screen! I am a photographer and I would like to use the iPad to carry some pictures with me wherever I go (photoshop when I have a spare moment!) and edit videos on the go. Even though wifi is almost everywhere I go... at home my "at&t DSL" speeds are ridiculous so using the cloud is annoying with these snailnet speeds :mad: !

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
How much space does a full 1080p movie take up? That got me to thinking. I might go higher storage for that reason.

Depends on format and length, but when I rip a BD movie from Blu-ray disc to PC in the iPad format, it generally goes about a gig.

ABN Panzer

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Depends on format and length, but when I rip a BD movie from Blu-ray disc to PC in the iPad format, it generally goes about a gig.

Average, as mentioned, is about 1GB. I have managed to get a few to 700MB though and maintain the video. This required that I reduce the sound output to STEREO , as oposed to 5.1, as I watch with headphones...

For the OP: if you can swing the $... I'd recomend always going to the larger.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Had a 16gb first gen and 16gb iPad 2. I should have leared from my first gen that 16gb was just not enough. I struggled with video, photos, music and apps and having to comprise what I could keep on my 16GB. I wont go through that again. 32GB all the way.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Also. all the apps that we currently have now on our iPads will get much bigger in size to take advatage of the retina display. I would factor that in also when it comes to storage decisions. Gizmodo had an app developer, cant remember which one, but it was like 32MB for the regular and then jumped to a sizable 120MB because it was going to be optimized for the new display.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
A heck of a lot of 120 MB apps fit into a few gig. To me, this is a matter of how often you'll be unable to reach the cloud or, for some other reason, you need to store locally a good deal of multimedia.

A 32 gig iPad will hold 12 Blu-ray movies, dozens of apps, thousands of music tunes, hundreds of photos and a few hundred books I'd guess and do it easily. That's probably a modest list too.

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, depends on what you use it for. I fall into the "get the most you can afford" camp. My 64gb iPad1 is usually near capacity with just apps and movies, and with the higher resolution most of those are going to take up considerably more space on the new iPad.

pricej636

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Ive always had 16GB devices, and I find myself filling them up rather easily now. I opted for the 32GB ipad this time. Should be ok for a while.

lique831

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I would get the 32GB. I had a 16GB iPad and had to constantly manage the space and that's with no music or movies on it. I had a lot of magazines, games, photos. This time around, I got the 64GB so I don't have to worry about it and I can actually store video and music on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1