Guesses on LTE odds?

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I was a little disappointed about no LTE on iPhone 4s but apparently it's to soon for the battery life & reliability Apple is looking for. So today I thought if Apple sticks to the March release schedule, there is a chance for LTE in the iPad 3 but do you think Apple would put that into a device before its flagship iPhone got it?

Personally I think it's more like 3:1 of it not being LTE but I really hope I'm wrong.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Last I saw the next generation, lower power consuming LTE-able quad band radio chipsets from Qualcomm are due Q2-2012... so I'm thinking maybe they announce LTE next summer, and launch about a year from now... which happens to be when I'll be 20 months in on my iPhone4 contract with Verizon, and they'll "let me" renew at the subsidized pricing :D

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Last I saw the next generation, lower power consuming LTE-able quad band radio chipsets from Qualcomm are due Q2-2012... so I'm thinking maybe they announce LTE next summer, and launch about a year from now... which happens to be when I'll be 20 months in on my iPhone4 contract with Verizon, and they'll "let me" renew at the subsidized pricing :D

Totally agree that it hinges on Qualcomm and their schedule.