I was a little disappointed about no LTE on iPhone 4s but apparently it's to soon for the battery life & reliability Apple is looking for. So today I thought if Apple sticks to the March release schedule, there is a chance for LTE in the iPad 3 but do you think Apple would put that into a device before its flagship iPhone got it?

Personally I think it's more like 3:1 of it not being LTE but I really hope I'm wrong.
    10-14-2011 08:24 PM
    The low power chip sets are not reliable yet, so I doubt it.
    10-14-2011 08:29 PM
    Last I saw the next generation, lower power consuming LTE-able quad band radio chipsets from Qualcomm are due Q2-2012... so I'm thinking maybe they announce LTE next summer, and launch about a year from now... which happens to be when I'll be 20 months in on my iPhone4 contract with Verizon, and they'll "let me" renew at the subsidized pricing
    paul-c likes this.
    10-14-2011 08:45 PM
    Last I saw the next generation, lower power consuming LTE-able quad band radio chipsets from Qualcomm are due Q2-2012... so I'm thinking maybe they announce LTE next summer, and launch about a year from now... which happens to be when I'll be 20 months in on my iPhone4 contract with Verizon, and they'll "let me" renew at the subsidized pricing
    Totally agree that it hinges on Qualcomm and their schedule.
    10-14-2011 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD