iPad 2 and iOS 5

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Okay, so I want to get an iPad 2. I also know that iPad were advertised as coming with one "free' iOS update, and then you would have to pay (similar to updating an iPod).

So I want to wait till iOS 5 is released to get an iPad 2, so that I will be able to update to iOS 6 for free. Yes, I know, a minor concern in the grand scheme of thing.

But if I buy an iPad 2 from a store (say Best Buy) AFTER the iOS 5 update is out, but the store bought iPad 2 still has iOS 4 installed, am I using my "free" update for iOS 5?

Did that question make sense to anyone?

Chris

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Operating system restore and upgrade have always been free and will remain that way.. Where did you hear this non sense about paying to update your os?!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Maybe I am imagining it, but I could have sworn way back in the 2010 iPad keynote, it was mentioned that the first upgrade would be free, but others aren't.

And upgrades aren't always free. iPod upgrades used to cost $10 - iOS 4 is the first one that was free for iPods.

Chris

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I am imagining it, but I could have sworn way back in the 2010 iPad keynote, it was mentioned that the first upgrade would be free, but others aren't.

And upgrades aren't always free. iPod upgrades used to cost $10 - iOS 4 is the first one that was free for iPods.

Chris

Chris, all iPad iOS updates have always been free. IOS 5 will be a free update to both iPad 1 and iPad 2 owners. users. I have the iPad 2 and plan on updating it the second it's released. Why wait to get your iPad 2? As long as the updates are free and easy to do, you might as well start enjoying it now, right? :)

Super Jay

Sep 13, 2011
www.facebook.com
Definitely get your iPad now :) I think you are thinking about major system updates like switching from Leopard to Lion on a mac computer. It's not the same for the iOS devices :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77