iPad 2 issues using iPhone mobile hotspot while driving?

cmconner156

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I just recently got an iPad 2 and I went with the Wi-Fi only as I planned to use my iPhone's hotspot for Internet. I set them up at home and it worked great. Then my wife and I went on a road trip and even thou my phone had internet my iPad kept losing it... I was using Wi-Fi instead do Bluetooth for the connection between my iPad and phone. Has anyone else had issues connecting while driving?

Would bluetooth be any better than Wi-Fi? Should I just swap my iPad for a 3G one? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I've done this while driving with no issues, so I'm not sure what your problem is. I eventually switched to a 3G iPad, but the wifi hot spot method has worked well for me.

Bluetooth should not make a difference, but it's easy enough to test...

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a VZW or Sprint iPhone? Typically CDMA networks preform less while driving because of how they search for network towers. But like the guy above me said. I use a vzw 3G iPad 2.

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I just recently got an iPad 2 and I went with the Wi-Fi only as I planned to use my iPhone's hotspot for Internet. I set them up at home and it worked great. Then my wife and I went on a road trip and even thou my phone had internet my iPad kept losing it... I was using Wi-Fi instead do Bluetooth for the connection between my iPad and phone. Has anyone else had issues connecting while driving?

Would bluetooth be any better than Wi-Fi? Should I just swap my iPad for a 3G one? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris

I've never had the issue while driving and using my hotspot through my phone. I do have the 3g iPad 2 just in case I ever need to run it on it's own data package, however because of the wifi hotspot available via my iPhone I decided to save money and just use that data, instead of paying for two packages. So if you are willing to pay the extra for the 3G iPad and extra for a sepearte data package for it then go for it, however if you are looking to save monthly fees then stick with the wifi only option. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1