How many users are planning to make dark mode a full time endeavor?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted dark mode, now I have it I don’t use it much. I already had Weather underground in dark mode and that is easy to read. kindle app is easy to read in dark mode. Somehow Apple’s dark mode seems different and I find it more difficult to read, it also makes maps hideous and horrible to read.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear. You will be alright just make an appointment with your Psychiatrist...LOL

I am enlightened. I chose the light.
People living in dark will never be able to fathom the wonders of brightness and clarity that the light gives.
I feel for you.

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
I am enlightened. I chose the light.
People living in dark will never be able to fathom the wonders of brightness and clarity that the light gives.
I feel for you.

This.

I don’t get the hype around dark mode. Are books printed using white ink on black paper? Magazines? Newspapers? Anything at all? No. Why? Because it is hard to read.

Do TVs have dark mode? No. Why? Because bright is better.

Do you see better at midnight or at noon? Why do you suppose that is?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This.

I don’t get the hype around dark mode. Are books printed using white ink on black paper? Magazines? Newspapers? Anything at all? No. Why? Because it is hard to read.

Do TVs have dark mode? No. Why? Because bright is better.

Do you see better at midnight or at noon? Why do you suppose that is?

I guess it depends on the individual. There are all kinds of different scenarios depending on how each individual views them. I mean they make sun shades for a reason, movie theaters turn the lights way down and TV screens look better with a darker background to some.

In my opinion it's easier to read white lettering on a black background.
I guess that's why there's a lot of hype, not to mention it took Apple a long time to implement this feature on the iPhone.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted Dark Mode because I love it on my “Weather Underground” app and the home and library pages on the “Kindle” app. Now it is here I don’t use it. It makes maps look awful, does not seem to work on this. Why bother ? the apps that already had dark mode seem fine.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I'm in this camp, but there are people (usually older people) with some conditions that have trouble reading when the background is bright. It's nice that they can now have a system-wide method that makes reading easier for them.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm in this camp, but there are people (usually older people) with some conditions that have trouble reading when the background is bright. It's nice that they can now have a system-wide method that makes reading easier for them.

As an “older person” all I can say is that dark mode is more readable in a very limited band of light levels.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2