Unable to see files on OneDrive

gmagnes

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
I post files to OneDrive using an iMac, but when I try to access
the files using either my IPhone XR or IPad Pro (few years old), I don’t see the files I posted with the iMac. If I post the same files with the above noted mobile devices, I can then see and access them. Anyone have any suggestions or insight here?
Thanks
Gerry

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I post files to OneDrive using an iMac, but when I try to access
the files using either my IPhone XR or IPad Pro (few years old), I don’t see the files I posted with the iMac. If I post the same files with the above noted mobile devices, I can then see and access them. Anyone have any suggestions or insight here?
Thanks
Gerry

Do you by any chance have multiple OneDrive accounts?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Make sure your versions are up to date. Very often I catch users who’ve missed updates or an occasional reboot. Revisit your sync settings.

If you have any of the business tier licensing you or some in your organization qualify for the support that is usually a fast call back. Initiating the support usually gives you the right steps for the problem and if unresolved Microsoft gets it to the humans with clue dept fast.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
There are times that it can take several hours for my files to show up after adding them using a different device. It’s on Microsoft’s end I’m assuming. A delay of some sort.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
There are times that it can take several hours for my files to show up after adding them using a different device. It’s on Microsoft’s end I’m assuming. A delay of some sort.

If it’s on Microsoft, you or your administrator(s) will see the issue in their service health warnings.

In recent times I’ve caught a lot of my users not updating their client software and on one of my own Macs the upload sync was really slow prior to the OneDrive client update and a reboot.

On occasion it’s been slow with a mobile device when one or the other of WiFi or cellular were not happy. It can also seem or be slow if you’re on a WiFi network with traffic shaping. More and more public and commercial networks do that for reliability. As an example, our business and store locations get 400+ people a day. More than a /24 subnet. Short DHCP leases and traffic shaping are a must.

I have sites with 250 and 300 Mbps symmetrical fiber and SLA. Not whatever BS a home ISP might advertise for performance. In that scenario it is rare to ever see the problem as Microsoft’s cloud unless they have an active service health warning.

For mobile, there are times when just using one of the phone’s radios solves it - use your cellular only or WiFi only.

For desktop more and more I just use Office 365 web only. That’s how most of our employees are licensed.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2