No “Siri suggestions” app on iOS 12?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In the Keynote, it was an app on the homescreen. How do I access library and everything if it isn’t an app?

Is it just not on this initial release of iOS 12?

Be patient. The app shown at the Keynote will be available in the near future. Probably at the same time as iOS 12 is officially released, somewhere mid-September.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
In the Keynote, it was an app on the homescreen. How do I access library and everything if it isn’t an app?

Is it just not on this initial release of iOS 12?

I didn’t see the keynote, but in settings you’ll be able to see the shortcuts you added. According to @Tartarus, there will probably be an app with the full release.

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Be patient. The app shown at the Keynote will be available in the near future. Probably at the same time as iOS 12 is officially released, somewhere mid-September.

Definitely in no rush! But I don’t see the “Library” section, or an ability to create any shortcuts using Maps or anything like that. Kind of a useless “app” at this point...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Definitely in no rush! But I don’t see the “Library” section, or an ability to create any shortcuts using Maps or anything like that. Kind of a useless “app” at this point...

Did you click on more shortcuts? I have the option for Maps available. It gives you a suggestion but when you click it, you can say what you want. I guess I’m confused as to what specifically you’re looking for.

293aab66477b8419c2eecc6f415cd9f1.jpg

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
You can just download Workflow and create your own. It's the same thing, only Apple is integrating it more within the OS.

Well aware of that, but I’m really only curious why there isn’t a “Shortcuts” app available on iOS 12 like there was on the Keynote.

Guess we’ll have to wait and see...

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that’s really weird idk if it makes a difference but I’m running the beta on my X. Have you tried a hard reboot?

Edit: never mind. Just noticed you’re using an X as well

Wondering if it only shows you shortcuts for things you use consistently? I don’t USE Maps every day on a commute, so maybe that’s why it isn’t showing up?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if it only shows you shortcuts for things you use consistently? I don’t USE Maps every day on a commute, so maybe that’s why it isn’t showing up?

That’s possible, but I don’t use it consistently! I did use it to map my trip this past weekend when I was going to a new restaurant.