iOS 11 slow to close app on iPhone 5s

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I've been running 11 on my 5s without many issues except for slightly longer app load times. When I try to close an app that I accidentally tapped on by pressing the home button, it has to complete the opening animation now before it closes. It acts more like iOS 9 now. iOS 10 closed it immediately. The folders on 11 close quickly though.

Anyone have this issue?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
iOS 11 is more animation heavy. Since you’re on a slow device, this is likely to be more noticeable. I think there is an option to speed up the animations in settings. You can try that.

Apart from the, the obvious solutions are downgrading your OS or upgrading you device.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I am not experiencing this on my iPhone 5S. Apps close quickly. Have you tried doing a reboot? Check to see if there are any updates for those apps that are misbehaving.

If that doesn’t help. I would try a clean install and setting up as new. It is a pain, but works wonders with older devices.

werner6769

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am not experiencing this on my iPhone 5S. Apps close quickly. Have you tried doing a reboot? Check to see if there are any updates for those apps that are misbehaving.

If that doesn’t help. I would try a clean install and setting up as new. It is a pain, but works wonders with older devices.

I reset my 5s to factory once but restored the backup. This time, I reset again and setup as new. Night and day difference. Opening and closing are responsive now. Thank you!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4