Can you factory reset a phone FOR FREE without a passcode or Apple id?

jr141992

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
I recently bought a cheap second hand iPhone 5c online for about $50 and the seller ensured me it was factory reset and that I could set it up as if it were a new device.
It isn't - There is still a passcode and therefore I'm assuming an active Apple id account linked to it. The seller has also gone silent. I've searched online and there seem to be a few sets of software that will factory reset it but they're $30-50 a piece and I've no guarantee they'll work. Anyone know of software that will do the job for free?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought a cheap second hand iPhone 5c online for about $50 and the seller ensured me it was factory reset and that I could set it up as if it were a new device.
It isn't - There is still a passcode and therefore I'm assuming an active Apple id account linked to it. The seller has also gone silent. I've searched online and there seem to be a few sets of software that will factory reset it but they're $30-50 a piece and I've no guarantee they'll work. Anyone know of software that will do the job for free?

You’ve already been taken advantage of once, don’t fall prey to software allegedly able to bypass the iCloud activation lock.

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
It sounds to me like you purchased a stolen iPhone. That is why the seller won’t respond. Apple may be able to find the original owner, but regardless you are out $50.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77